Back-to-school season has officially arrived, and with it has come some new school supplies for parents: protection under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to attend a child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) meeting. Earlier this month, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released an opinion letter confirming that parents are entitled to take intermittent FMLA leave to attend school meetings to discuss their child’s IEP.Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
9th circuit affordable care act after-acquired evidence agreements alcohol artificial intelligence breach of contract bring your own device business california california supreme court cannabis ccpa civil rights civil theft cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality controlled substances act data security defend trade secrets act department of labor discrimination dress code economic loss rule eeoc employee notices employers employment employment agreements employment law equal pay equal pay act essential employees eu fair employment and housing act fcra firing first amendment flsa fmla free speech germany hacking hairstyle harassment health insurance hiring holiday season human resources information security insider threat labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana me too minimum wage misconduct new jersey new york non-competition non-disclosure non-solicitation notice of proposed rulemaking on-call overtime payroll personnel records politics pregnancy disability leave premium rebate reduction in force regulations reporting-time retention salary scheduling senior care sex discrimination sexual harassment small employers smartphones social media supreme court technology termination tip act tip credit title vii trade secrets transgender rights wage & hour law wages washington workplace policy