The “Time’s Up” and “Me Too” movements have sparked societal change in many ways, including in our legal system. In response, the California Legislature quickly enacted several new laws aiming to deter the quieting of sexual harassment claims. Here are the three news laws employers should consider when resolving sexual harassment claims.Read more »
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 18, 2019 Four Employment Policy Pitfalls for Multi-Jurisdiction Businesses to Avoid
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 23, 2019 Protecting Your Trade Secrets in the European Union
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
9th circuit affordable care act after-acquired evidence agreements appellate artificial intelligence brexit business california cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality credit check criminal background checks data security defend trade secrets act department of labor discrimination dress code economic loss rule employee handbook employee rights employers employment employment agreements employment law equal pay equal pay act essential employees eu exemptions family care fcra feha firing first amendment florida flsa free speech fringe benefits germany hacking hairstyle health coverage health insurance hiring holidays human resources inclement weather information security information technology insider threat labor and employment labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana minimum wage misconduct multi-jurisdiction new jersey new york non-competition non-solicitation nyc offer of employment on-call overtime payroll petition pregnancy disability leave premium rebate reduction in force regulations retention risk & compliance salary history inquiry seasonal workers sexual harassment small employers social media supreme court technology termination tip credit tipped employees title vii trade secrets wage & hour law wages washington white collar workplace policy work policy writ zero tolerance