On May 10, 2019, New Jersey enacted Senate Bill 52 (SB 52). This bill, which will take effect on September 1, 2019, will require disclosure of data breaches that impact usernames, email addresses, and/or other account holder identifying information belonging to residents of the Garden State when combined with any password or security questions and answers.Read more »
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
2fa aba alabama american bar association arkansas audit biometric biometric data bipa breach notification california ccpa checklist client notification colorado congress consent order consumer notification credit reporting critical security controls cryptocurrency cryptojacking cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data privacy data privacy act data security department of financial services digital forensics employment encryption attack equifax ethics eu eu-u.s. data privacy shield eu-u.s. privacy shield european parliament european unioin european union fbi fcra federal trade commission financial firms fines forensics fraud fraud alert gdpr hacking hippa human resources identity theft illinois investigations irs it it professionals legislative alert malware managed service providers manufacturing maryland massachusetts maze microsoft office 365 model law modlishka multi-factor identification naic new jersey new mexico new york ninth circuit nist security controls oregon penalties personal data personal information phishing pipeda privacy act ransomware regulations social engineering social media soppa south dakota spear-phishing spokeo statute supervisory authorities supreme court tax preparers tax returns utah virginia washington wire transfers workplace policy