The latest employment law trend sweeping the always trend-setting coastal jurisdictions is protection against bias based on hairstyle or hair texture. In 2019, California, New York, and New Jersey all adopted such statutes.Read more »
Hairstyle Laws Further Complicate the Landscape for Employers in 2020 Posted on: January 30, 2020 In: Labor & Employment
In California, Now Even Hair Is Protected Posted on: August 09, 2019 In: Labor & Employment
Last month, California became the first state to protect employees from discrimination based on natural hair and hairstyles associated with race. California follows New York City’s passage of a similar ordinance earlier this year.Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
9th circuit affordable care act agreements alabama arkansas audit biometric data breach notification business california ccpa colorado compensation compliance congress consumer notification copyright cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data privacy data security department of labor design patent discrimination dress code email employers employment employment law equal pay equal pay act equifax eu eu-u.s. privacy shield european union fcra federal circuit firing first amendment first sale doctrine flsa free speech gdpr hacking hairstyle health insurance hiring holiday season human resources identity theft information security infringement inter partes review irs labor law lay off legislative alert malware managed service providers marijuana medical loss ratio medical marijuana microsoft office 365 minimum wage multi-factor identification new jersey new mexico new york nist security controls non-competition non-solicitation overtime patent litigation patents payroll personal data personal information phishing premium rebate ptab ransomware redigi reduction in force sexual harassment social media statute supreme court tax returns technology termination tip credit title vii trademark trade secrets utah virginia w2 wages washington