Lewis Brisbois’ Corporate Practice is well positioned to serve our clients’ corporate and business law needs in a comprehensive yet efficient manner, utilizing, as needed, our many office locations through the country. Our lawyers take a business approach to transactions and counseling and are accustomed to working within budgets on tight deadlines for large, mid-size and small companies and investors.
As demanded in today’s increasingly complex business environment, our resources include in-house experts in many related specialty areas of practice at the ready to work as a coordinated team for the benefit of our clients in a wide range of corporate and business transactions.
Our Corporate Practice attorneys can also serve as outside general or special counsel, to coordinate and handle all legal aspects of your business, bringing in specialized experts as needed—not just responding to problems as they arise, but also spotting potential issues and addressing them proactively with cost-effective solutions. We take a problem-solving approach to business law, and our lawyers understand the role they can play helping clients grow their companies and create wealth through mergers, acquisitions as well as sound contract and risk management.
- Business Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Bank Loans & Financings
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Investing
- Software, Internet and Digital Media and Technology Transactions Licensing and Business Methods
- Healthcare Transactions involving Hospitals, Physician Practice Groups, and Other Health Service Organizations
- Securities Issuances
- Regulation D Private Placements
- Business Contracts
- Executive Employment Agreements
- Stock Option & Deferred Compensation Plans
- Real Estate Acquisition and Financing
- Trusts & Estates
- Corporate Governance
- Entity Formations: S-corps, C-corps, LLCs
- “Good Standing” Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance: Gramm-Leach-Bliley; Sarbanes-Oxley
- General Counsel Advice
Our Corporate Practice attorneys advises clients regarding: choice of business entity and entity formation, corporate governance, corporate finance, federal and state securities, regulations, stock option and deferred compensation plans, commercial law and finance, secured transactions, equipment leasing, international business law matters, and handling mergers & acquisitions and other company reorganizations.
We assist clients that range from start-up companies to large and long-established corporations. We also represent a large number of not-for-profit organizations, notably in religious and educational activities.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE
Join seasoned M&A professionals in this exclusive workshop series that explores M&A market trends as well as strategies to prepare private businesses for a liquidity event. Click here for more information.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- March 01, 2024 Shiena Marie Burke Selected as Contributor for LBF’s Speak Out for Justice! Focus on Civil Legal Aid
- February 29, 2024 Webinar Series: Risky Business - Strategies & Best Practices for Risk Sharing & Transfer
- February 28, 2024 New Orleans Team to Present on Ethics at Louisiana Live Burn CLE Seminar
Seminars & Webinars
- March 21, 2024 • General Webinar Series Risky Business – Strategies & Best Practices for Risk Sharing & Transfer
- April 18, 2024 • General Webinar Series Ethics I: Addressing Client Challenges – Practical & Ethical Approaches
- May 16, 2024 • General Webinar Series Workers’ Compensation: Recent Trends