- Email: Gary.Romer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.828.0366
- Fax: 954.678.4090
Gary Romer is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois, vice-chair of the Real Estate & Land Use and Commercial Lending Practices, and a member of the Corporate Practice. Mr. Romer is also Lewis Brisbois’ Florida title agent, conducting settlement for real estate transactions and issuing title insurance policies to purchasers. Mr. Romer helps business owners buy and sell their businesses and real estate, and also assists with their day-to-day operational needs. This includes shareholder and operating agreements, merger and acquisition transactions, commercial real estate transactions and commercial lease agreements, loan transactions, employee boarding documents, confidentiality agreements, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, work for hire and proprietary rights agreements, internet business agreements and domain name transactions, manufacturing and supply agreements, and a variety of business-to-business agreements. Mr. Romer’s transactional practice also includes working with the Business Aviation Practice to close on the purchase and sale of jet aircraft and helicopters, and related aircraft leases, management agreements, and hangar leases.
Mr. Romer also uses his business, real estate, and aviation knowledge to drive strategy in real property, landlord-tenant, business aviation, and commercial litigation matters working closely with the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group.
State Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Nova Southeastern University
Juris Doctor, 2005
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science, Finance and Real Estate, 2001
- Represented seller in sale of $77 million Florida real estate portfolio.
- Represented seller in approximately $300 million sale of manufacturing and distribution business (metal, construction and finished materials).
- Represented purchaser/borrower in refinancing of $200 million credit facility and simultaneous purchase of a target company for $58 million.
- Represented production, studio, and software company in approximately $60 million merger transaction.
- Represented developer-purchaser in acquisition of commercial building and additional vacant land for re-development into luxury apartments with mixed-use commercial space.
- Represented large veterinary practice in an approximately $11,000,000 refinance of its real property and business assets.
- Represented a seller in the sale of its managed hosting and data center to a leading global IT infrastructure and technology company.
- Represented a seller in the sale of a wholesale distributor of fresh produce and dairy products to customers located throughout the southeastern United States and the Caribbean to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented the seller in the successful closing of the sale of a majority stake investment in a provider of electrical, telecom-datacom networking, home theater, cable, and wire management products to a private equity firm.
- Represented Medical Managed Services Organization affiliate in the $4.2 million acquisition of a medical building in South Florida which was home to a recently acquired medical practice and additional medical tenants including the handling of escrow and settlement and issuance of new title insurance.
- Represented 1031 exchange investor in the acquisition of a single-tenant daycare in Gainesville, Florida, including the handling of escrow and settlement and issuance of new title insurance.
- Represent owner/landlord of large Class A office park in West Palm Beach, Florida with respect to all new leases, lease amendments, enforcement of leases, and other real property issues.
- Represent regional owner operator of retail strip centers, commercial storage facilities, and other light industrial, with respect to leasing and enforcement matters.
- Represent regional back-up power generator sales and service company with respect to construction and new installation contracts and matters.
- Represent prestigious South Florida private golf club with respect to large renovation and construction projects, including drafting and negotiating contracts with general contractor, and other trades, architects, project managers, and advise on pre-litigation disputes, including alternative dispute resolution of quality of work issues.
- Represent bi-coastal operator of high-end photo and video studios, equipment rental, and software company with respect to various construction and renovation projects in California and New York, including Class A office space renovations, and studio remodeling and renovation, including but not limited to negotiation of construction contracts and negotiations with landlords related to consent and/or landlord contributions and work letters.
- Represent operator of nightclubs in the acquisition of building in Dallas, Texas from large publicly traded operator, including day-to-day representation of purchaser with respect to its ongoing operations in multiple states.
- Represented lubricants distributor in the disposition of several locations with a lease back in favor of seller as new tenant, including negotiation of, and representation thru closing with respect to the purchase and sale transaction, and representation regarding the new lease agreement.