- Email: Casey.Davis@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 330.272.0063
- Fax: 330.272.0019
Casey J. Davis is an associate in the Cleveland/Akron office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. Mr. Davis advises clients on complex business issues with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, general business matters, equity and debt financing, business succession planning, and real estate transactions. He advises companies from early stage through maturity and sale or merger, with a view towards maximizing benefit and minimizing risk to their owners and investors.
Mr. Davis’ has worked on transaction teams across a broad spectrum of industries, including aviation, aerospace, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and services industries. He has negotiated and closed transaction for private equity firms and their portfolio companies, closely-held and family businesses, and strategic and financial buyers and sellers.
- Casey J. Davis, Not So Secure: Should Social Security Benefits Be Considered In The Good Faith Analysis Under 11 U.S.C. §1325(a)(3)?, 47 AKRON L.REV. 255 (2014).
- Casey Davis, Purchase price adjustments in M&A: Avoiding costly mistakes, Crain’s Cleveland (2018).
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Member, Board of Directors: Akron Law School Alumni Association
- Member: Stark County Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Tax Court
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Governors: Glenmoor County Club
- Co-Chair: Akron Bar Association, University of Akron Liaison Committee
- Graduate: Leadership Stark County, 29th Class
- Graduate: Akron Bar Association Leadership Academy, Inaugural Year
- Graduate: Ohio State Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Student Representative: Akron Bar Association, University of Akron Liaison Committee
- Vice Magister: Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
Awards & Honors
- "Ones to Watch," Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Tax Law, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio’s Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2019, 2020), as voted by his peers
- Recipient: 2017 Stark County Twenty Under 40 Award by the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Repository, and yStark!
- Recipient: Ernest Karam Award for Academic Excellence
- Recipient: DeBow Freed Award
The University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2014
- Akron Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, high distinction, 2011
- Ohio Northern University Men’s Varsity Swimming and Diving Team, Captain
- Beta Alpha Psi, President
- Institute of Management Accountants, President
A small sampling of recent transactions include:
- Represented a leading national transportation company in multiple stock transactions for purchase prices ranging between $10 million to over $55 million.
- Represented a leading national transportation company in a carve-out acquisition from a publicly-traded company for in excess of $55 million.
- Represented a leading convenience store and gasoline business in acquisition of business with 31 convenience store and gasoline chains across Ohio.
- Represented privately held business services company in sale of business for in excess of ~$30 million to private equity firm, with simultaneous rollover investment.
- Represented private equity company in strategic acquisition of portfolio company for in excess of ~$27 million, with subsequent syndicated credit facility.
- Represented a leading national transportation company in a carve-out acquisition from a publicly-traded company for in excess of ~$18 million.
- Represented veterinary hospital in sale for ~$16 million to private equity firm, with simultaneous rollover investment.
- Represented a leading national transportation company in carve-out acquisition from a privately held company for ~$12.5 million.
- Represented an international manufacturing company in connection with their syndicated credit facility in excess of ~$12 million.
- Represented a services company in carve-out sale of its residential heating oil and commercial fuels business division in a competitive auction process.
- Represented private equity company in strategic acquisition of portfolio company for in excess of ~$3 million.
- Represented veterinary hospital in sale of practice and personal goodwill for ~$2 million to employee, with simultaneous real estate sale.
- Represented privately held business services company in sale of business for in excess of ~$1 million to competitor, with simultaneous rollover investment.
- Represented leading convenience store and gasoline chains business in multiple acquisitions of convenience store and gasoline chains, national QSR franchises, and commercial real estate for continued expansion.
- Represented dentist in sale of dental practice and related real estate to employee for in excess of ~$500,000.