- Email: Christopher.Gabbard@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.828.0377
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Christopher Gabbard is an associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Corporate Practice. Chris currently concentrates his practice on joint venture and corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, public and private securities offerings, corporate governance and compliance, and other general corporate law matters. His work spans a range of industries, including telecommunications, technology, engineering, commercial real estate development and private equity.
Mr. Gabbard also has experience assisting clients in connection with initial public offerings and the preparation of SEC filings, including proxy statements, registration statements and annual, quarterly, and current reports, and has experience in conducting due diligence and researching and drafting legal and client memoranda In addition, he has experience advising clients interested in raising capital for and establishing regional centers to administer projects qualifying for investment under the EB-5 Entrepreneur Investment Visa Program across the country and in a variety of industries, including preparing the necessary documents.
Mr. Gabbard started his career with the enforcement division of the California Department of Business Oversight where he assisted senior corporations counsel with securities and commodities fraud litigation cases resulting in multimillion-dollar judgments In addition, he has represented brokers and broker dealers in litigation and FINRA arbitration matters. Mr. Gabbard joined Lewis Brisbois as associate from an AM Law 100 Firm.
- March 14, 2019 Lewis Brisbois National Business Practices Team Closes Kentucky Downs Sale
- August 31, 2018 Lewis Brisbois Closes Private Jet Engine Company Sale
- May 26, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Advises Estenson in $300M Acquisition
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented restaurant franchise owner in its purchase of additional franchise locations and related real estate for $12.5 million.
- Represented restaurant franchise owner in its purchase of additional franchise locations and related real estate for $17.785 million
- Represented shipping company in its $2.1 million purchase of galvanized chassis, its $1.675 million purchase of containers, its $3.36 million purchase of reefer containers and various equipment purchases for an aggregate of approximately $2 million.
- Represented law firm in connection with the sale of its assets and for $2.25 million.
Private Equity and other Fundraising
- Represented internet and technology service provider in connection with its preparations for $25 million initial public offering.
- Represented unmanned aerial systems (UAS) solution provider in $3.5 million convertible preferred unit offering.
- Represented obstacle course company in its $1.2 million Series A round.
- Represented wine manufacturing and exclusive membership club in its $1.1 million initial fund raising.
- Represented holding company of various franchise restaurants in an offering of $2.5 million of limited partnership interests.
- Represented manufacturer and commercial provider of eyewear and vision technologies in offering of up to $3 million of secured notes and in offering of up to $4 million of unsecured notes with warrants in connection with preparing for an initial public offering.
Finance and Lending
- Represented restaurant franchise owner in connection with obtaining $57 million senior secured credit facility from institutional lender.
EB-5 Related Transactions
- Represented owner of multiple restaurant franchises in connection with an up to $20 million direct EB-5 raise in support of expansion plan.
- Represented residential real estate developer in its up to $5 million EB-5 raise through a regional center in connection with building an exclusive gated residential community.
- Represented real estate developer in its $27.5 million raise through a regional center in support of an approximately $115 million all-inclusive luxury resort community project.
- Represented real estate developer in connection with its proposed $49.5 million raise through a regional center (exemplar filing) in support of an approximately $330 million new luxury waterfront residential condominiums development project.
- Represented real estate developer in its multi-phased up to $99 million raise through a regional center in support of an approximately $1 billion commercial, residential and retail project.
- Represented real estate developer in its $13.5 million raise through a regional center in support of an approximately $50 million package terminal and distribution facility project.
- Represented real estate developer in connection with its proposed $10 million raise through a regional center in support of an approximately $45 million package terminal and distribution facility project.
- Represented hotel developer in its $20 million raise through a regional center in support of an approximately $55 million boutique hotel project.
- Represented hotel developer in connection with its proposed $8 million raise through a regional center in support of an approximately $20 million franchised hotel project.
- Represented digital marketing company in connection with litigation resulting from unfair competition and trade secret infringement claims, resulting in settlement of all claims.
- Represented nationwide registered broker-dealer in multiple FINRA arbitration proceedings resulting in substantially reduced administrative fines.
- Assisted in the trial preparation and litigation of securities fraud claim against unregistered commodities and securities brokers resulting in multimillion dollar judgment.
State Bar Admissions
Awards & Honors
- Recipient, Faculty Scholar and Merit Recipient
- Recipient, Ethnic and Cultural Diversity Scholarship
California Western School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude
Senior Editor, California Western Law Review
University of California, Irvine
Bachelor of Arts, Business Economics