- Email: Steven.Holtzman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 813.739.1925
- Fax: 813.739.1919
Steven Holtzman is a partner in the Tampa office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. He focuses his practice in the following areas: General Corporate, Securities, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Commercial Transactions.
Mr. Holtzman’s practice covers a wide variety of business transactions, including representation of public and closely held companies, securities issuers, broker-dealers, investment advisers and corporate executives in mergers and acquisitions, securities, private equity and general commercial transactions. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Mr. Holtzman worked as a partner in a prominent Tampa law firm. He previously served as Senior Counsel for the Home Shopping Network and Special Counsel for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C. He has been recognized as one of Tampa’s Top-Rated Lawyers and a Top-Rated Lawyer on a national basis.
- Business Transactions:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities Offerings and Reporting
- Business Contracts
- Executive Employment Agreements
- Stock Option & Deferred Compensation Plans
- General Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- Entity Formations: S-Corps, C-Corps, LLCs, LLPs, LLLPs
- Regulatory Compliance: Sarbanes-Oxley
- General Counsel Advice
- Chair – Legal Services Committee and Former Vice-President, Congregation Shaarai Zedek
- Civilian Resource and Partner Representative – SOF Transition Assistance Resource (STAR) (facilitating transition of military personnel into the private sector)
- Rotary – Former Board Member and Officer
- General Counsel, Florida Holocaust Museum, 2009 - 2014
- “STILL NY: REG CF CROWDFUNDING as a Turnaround Tool for Small Businesses,” Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation, March 18, 2021
- Audit Committees - What’s the Bottom Line?
- Cyber Security – Living Your Worst Nightmare
State Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association – Federal Regulation of Securities Committee and Middle Market and Small Business Committee
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Former Chair, Corporate Counsel Section
- CEO Counsel of Tampa Bay – 2005 – 2020
- FINRA Arbitrator – 20+ years
Awards & Honors
Mr. Holtzman has been recognized as a Top-Rated Lawyer by The American Lawyer for nearly a decade, most recently in 2021.
Bachelor of Science