- Email: Elior.Shiloh@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1362
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Elior Shiloh is a partner in the New York and New Jersey offices of Lewis Brisbois. He is Chair of the Franchise & Distribution Practice and Vice-Chair of the Labor & Employment Practice. His practice is focused on Employment, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, and Crisis Management. In working with clients, he and his team take a personal and attentive approach to problem solving.
Elior has represented public and private companies, directors and officers, and individuals in State and Federal Courts as well as in arbitrations across the United States. His practice has a particular emphasis in single-party and class employment disputes, breach of contract lawsuits, franchise compliance, and not-for-profit disputes. He also has extensive experience representing clients in the entertainment industry. In connection with his practice, he also performs internal and external investigations of the most sensitive and confidential nature.
He has worked closely with businesses who seek counsel in protecting, developing and implementing their business plans. Some of the areas in which he has provided counsel include employment compliance, franchise operations, software/tech design and application, food & beverage distribution, fashion, and real estate.
Elior frequently lectures to public and private companies, insurance companies, risk manager associations, and employees on topics such as employment trends and best practices in business.
Elior was a recipient of the Rising Stars® distinction for 2012- 2017 editions of Super Lawyers. The selection of Rising Stars® is made by an attorney-led research team that independently reviews the credentials of potential candidates and assigns points based on a set of evaluation criteria. Practicing lawyers are asked to nominate "attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less." No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in a geographical region are named to the Rising Stars® list.
After graduating from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Mr. Shiloh served as law clerk to Hon. Ned M. Rosenberg of the New Jersey Superior Court, Civil and Criminal Division.
- Honorable Patty Shwartz, United States District Court, District of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, 2005
- Honorable Ned M. Rosenberg, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division, 2008
- Honorable Ned M. Rosenberg, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Criminal Division, 2007
- After graduating from law school, Elior was a judicial clerk for the New Jersey Superior Court, Civil and Criminal Division. In that position, he oversaw and assisted the Court with motions and trials.
- Prior to entering the legal world, Elior worked at a well known pickle company that serviced thousands in the food industry. In that position, he oversaw quality control, product distribution and customer relations.
- Burgos v. International Vacation Club, Ltd., 2012 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 552 (App.Div. Mar. 13, 2012)
- Century 21 Real Estate, LLC v. Gateway Realty, Inc., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35683 (D.N.J. Mar. 31, 2011)
- Century 21 Real Estate LLC v. Skyline Realty, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 92719 (D.N.J. Sept. 3, 2010)
- Millennials - Ready or Not, Here They Come, Pittsburgh 2017
- Bullying in the Workplace, New York & New Jersey 2016
- Emerging Trends in Employment Law, New York 2016
- The Need to Know Ethical Issues in Assessing Damages on an Employment Claim, New Jersey 2015
- Premise Security Litigation, New Jersey 2015
- Three Turning Points in Handling Employments at the Claims Letter, Administrative Charge, and Litigation States, New York 2015
- Franchise Dispute Resolution, New York 2015
- Law and Order – Interpretation of Claims Made Policy Language; Handling the Employment Lawsuit; Civil Litigation, Discovery and Dispositive Motions, Kansas, 2014
- 411 On Employment Law Defense, New York 2014
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States Bankruptcy Courts
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
District Court, District of New Jersey
United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- International Franchise Association
- Jewish National Fund
Awards & Honors
Rising Star® distinction in Business Litigation and Franchise/Dealership, 2012-2017 Law & Politics
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Concentrations in Commercial Law and Litigation
- Legal Writing Teacher Assistant
- Student Bar Association
Bachelor of Arts, Associates Degree
- Honors, Syms School of Business
- Valedictorian, Isaac Breuer College of Judaic Studies
- Member, NCAA Division III Wrestling team