- Email: John.Lubitz@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2037
- Fax: 303.861.7767
John Lubitz is a partner in the Denver and Colorado Springs offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate, Real Estate, Land Use & Environment, and Banking & Finance Practices. Mr. Lubitz is licensed to practice in Colorado and Minnesota. Mr. Lubitz earned his law degree in 1983, and concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law (including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, associations, etc.), general business planning and transactions, real estate, banking, oil and gas – mineral law, water law, and commercial transactions. Through his 33 plus years of diverse legal experience Mr. Lubitz has obtained a practical entrepreneurial business philosophy which allows him to provide a full range of business and transactional services to established and emerging growth companies. It is this experience which Mr. Lubitz brings to his business clients through handling all their legal and business related matters – often acting effectively as their outside general counsel.
Corporate and Business Practices
Mr. Lubitz regularly counsels clients regarding business organizational, governance and operational issues, general commercial transactions, and employment matters, including the following types of matters:
- Choice of Entity and Formation: S-corps, C-corps, LLCs, Joint Ventures, and Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Business Transactions and Contracts.
- Business Mergers, Acquisitions and Sales; Asset Purchases and Sales.
- Bank Loans and Financing, Private Equity, and Venture Capital.
- Corporate Governance, and “Good Standing” Compliance.
- Executive Employment Agreements, Stock Option & Deferred Compensation Plans.
- Healthcare Providers and Facilities.
- Government Contracting.
- Technology and Emerging Businesses.
- General Counsel Advice.
Real Estate and Finance
Mr. Lubitz also regularly counsels clients regarding sophisticated real estate, development and financing transactions, including the following types of matters:
- Sales/Acquisitions; Leasing; Contract Negotiations, Drafting and Review.
- Financing, including Loan Documentation, Due Diligence, and Tax Increment Financing/Bond Transactions.
- Land Use/Zoning, Development, Permitting and Easements/Rights of Way.
- Title Matters, Due Diligence, and Title Insurance.
- Environmental, Natural Resources, Oil & Gas, and Water Rights.
- Construction Matters and Contracting.
- Commercial (Office, Multi-Family and Retail), Industrial and Agricultural Transactions.
- Homeowners Associations and Common Interest Ownership Communities.
- Member of the Board of Director's of the Colorado Springs Public Market
- Member of the Board of Director's of the Homes of Living Hope
- Small Business Administration Small Business Development Center Counselor
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Colorado Federal District Court
10th Circuit Court of Appeals
Gonzaga University School of Law