Lewis Brisbois’ national Commercial Lending Practice represents both lenders and borrowers in a diverse array of commercial business loans. We counsel clients in all aspects of lending, loan restructuring, and loan workouts. Our lender clients include domestic and international banks, credit unions, non-conventional lenders, and mezzanine loan funds. Our borrower clients include businesses of varying sizes across numerous industries.
The attorneys who comprise our practice have extensive experience structuring and managing commercial business loans of all sizes, which often involve secured financing such as business assets, real estate, intellectual property, and a variety of other collateral. Our seasoned team offers clients a wide range of services in several areas, including loan documentation, due diligence loan reviews, litigation risk minimization, and out-of-court restructuring.
Moreover, our Commercial Lending Practice regularly collaborates nationwide with our highly regarded Complex Business and Commercial Litigation Practice, particularly in the context of loan workouts. Through this collaboration, clients are able to access the broad range of expertise that our attorneys offer across various practice areas.
In helping both lenders and borrowers navigate the commercial lending process, we offer an extensive array of services, including:
- Loan documentation
- Due diligence
- Cross-border financing
- Loan restructuring and workouts
Our national bench of Commercial Lending attorneys recently handled the following representative matters:
- Represented a major American bank holding company in a number of commercial loans.
- Represented a full-service bank in due diligence loan reviews for its large loans and preparing loan documents as needed.
- Represented a full-service bank based in Colorado on a number of its complex assets.
- Represented a major multinational bank in loan due diligence and loan documentation.
- Represented a private equity group in ongoing loan due diligence and loan documentation.
- Represented a full-service bank based in Chicago on a number of asset financings.