- Email: Richard.Block@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.828.0365
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Richard J. Block is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and is Chair of the Immigration Practice. Richard has focused his practice on business immigration law for the past twenty years. He advises foreign nationals seeking to work in the United States, in addition to foreign investors, and domestic and international companies who wish to hire the most highly skilled individuals from around the world. Specialties include obtaining E-1 and E-2 visas, H-1B visas, L-1A and L-1B visas, O visas, TN visas, consular processing, and employment-based immigrant visas in all different categories and naturalization. He also counsels clients on compliance with ever-changing employment laws regarding foreign workers, including I-9 training and audits. Richard, who is fluent in spoken Japanese, also served as General Counsel for a large multi-national corporation based in Tokyo, Japan with worldwide operations and has handled all immigration matters involving the transfer of Japanese nationals from the parent company to the U.S.
- Quoted, "What Will Happen to Laid-off Tech Workers on H-1B Visas?" Quartz, November 2022.
- Author, “President Obama’s Immigration Accountability Executive Action” Broward County Bar Association Barrister, January 2015
- Author, “President Obama’s Executive Action on Immigration,” JD Supra, December 2014.
- Author, “President Obama Slated To Overhaul U.S. Immigration Policy,” JD Supra, November 2014.
- Speaker, "Navigating Visa Requirements for Hiring Foreign Workers," National HR in Hospitality Conference, June 14, 2022
- Presenter, Texas Council Risk Management Fund’s webinar - "Thinking Outside the Box," Human Resources Ideas for Recruitment, Retention and Immigration, April 8, 2022
- Speaker, Roche Diagnostics Corporation webinar - “2022 Updates in Labor & Employment Law,” April 2022
- Speaker, American Immigration Lawyers Association, South Florida Chapter, November 2, 2018
- Society of Human Resources Management
- Connecticut Association of School Personnel Administrators
- Association of Corporate Counsel
State Bar Admissions
- New York
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, International Law Section, Immigration and Naturalization Committee
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
State of University of New York at New Paltz
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science