- Email: Karly.Weigel@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 816.299.4260
- Fax: 816.299.4245
Karly Weigel is an associate in the Kansas City and Wichita offices of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Labor & Employment and General Liability Practices.
Karly has extensive experience representing clients across the nation at pre-litigation, Charge of Discrimination, mediation, and formal litigation stages. Karly has experience defending claims under Missouri and Kansas anti-discrimination and retaliation laws, Title VII and other federal laws, National Defense Authorization Act whistleblower (“NDAA”) claims, business contract disputes, and medical malpractice claims. Karly has practiced and is licensed in Missouri, Kansas, and numerous federal courts.
Karly has served as an independent investigator for employee sexual harassment and misconduct workplace claims. She has also successfully defended housing discrimination claims before the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”).
Karly is skilled in early motion practice and oral advocacy, including successfully arguing multiple dispositive motions on behalf her clients. She has successfully sought and received early enforcement of employment arbitration agreements in state and federal court and has won multiple motions to dismiss.
Karly is involved with numerous professional organizations, including serving on the Board of Directors for the Lawyers Association of Kansas City – Young Lawyers Section.
Before joining Lewis Brisbois, Karly successfully prosecuted felony and misdemeanor cases at the bench and jury trial levels. Karly previously presented at the Kansas Supreme Court about her multi-state research findings pertaining to state supreme court participation in the selection of law school curriculum.
Karly has been named to the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list for Missouri and Kansas.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States Bankruptcy Courts
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- Board of Directors, Lawyers Association of Kansas City – Young Lawyers Section
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
University of Kansas School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2017
- Advocacy Skills Certificate
- Pro-Bono Distinction and Honor Roll
- Co-President of the University of Kansas School of Law Student Ambassadors
- Research Assistant
University of Alabama
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, cum laude, 2014
- Out-of-state student keynote speaker in Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas
- Staff writer for The Crimson White Newspaper
- Studied abroad in Xiamen, China