- Email: Kevin.Vannatta@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.495.2212
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Kevin Vannatta is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale and Miami offices of Lewis Brisbois. He is a senior trial attorney who defends clients throughout Florida in both state and federal courts. His practice focuses primarily on professional liability litigation, including cases of legal and medical malpractice, and general liability, including transportation-related claims.
Mr. Vannatta has represented lawyers, architects, and engineers in professional liability litigation in Florida courts. He also defends healthcare workers like doctors and nurses and healthcare institutions such as hospitals, nursing homes, and ambulatory surgery centers in lawsuits alleging faulty care and elder abuse, among other claims. He also represents a large prison healthcare company in the defense of professional liability claims against its providers.
Mr. Vannatta’s general liability litigation experience includes representing corporations, property owners, transportation companies, and construction companies in personal injury, liquor liability, and motor vehicle accident cases. Many of these matters involve traumatic brain injuries and deaths. Mr. Vannatta also has experience with toxic tort and asbestos litigation.
A courtroom veteran, Mr. Vannatta has successfully prepared and tried multi-million-dollar cases in several venues, achieving defense verdicts. He aims to provide proactive solutions to his clients to reduce liability, costs, and exposure.
Recent Representative Cases
- Medical Malpractice defense verdict for urologist in loss of kidney case.
- Professional Liability Federal Court defense verdict for insurance carrier denying coverage in legal malpractice case.
- General Liability defense directed verdict for national retail chain in fall down personal injury case.
- General Liability defense summary judgment for national self storage chain in fall down personal injury case.
- General Liability defense summary judgment for national self storage chain in loss of property case.
- General Liability defense summary judgment for national self storage chain in wrongful death case.
- Toxic Tort defense voluntary dismissal for asbestos product manufacturer in wrongful death case.
- Toxic Tort defense summary judgment for asbestos product distributor in living mesothelioma case.
- Automobile accident defense verdict for driver in personal injury case of brain damaged minor caused by premature birth.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association (FDLA)
- Broward County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
AV® Preeminent™ Rated in Medical Malpractice, Litigation, and Personal Injury by Martindale Hubbell
South Texas College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1989
University of Florida
Bachelor of Science, 1986