- Email: Robert.Freeman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 702.693.1712
- Fax: 702.893.3789
Robert Freeman is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois, National Vice-chair of the Bad Faith Litigation Practice, and a member of the Insurance Law Practice. Mr. Freeman has expertise in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith, defense of municipalities and officials against claims for civil rights violations, discrimination in employment, violation of federal and state employment statues, and defense for injury claims as a result of negligent or intentional conduct.
In his twenty-five years in Las Vegas, Mr. Freeman has provided defense representation to insurance companies, municipalities, public officials, police officers, hotels, public employers, private employers, and individuals covered by liability insurance. Rob has concentrated his practice in the defense of municipalities against claims of civil rights violations, employment issues for public and private employers, personal injury defense (premises and automobile) and defense of first party bad faith claims.
Mr. Freeman has also defended against premises liability claims brought against owners, operators and managers of companies and commercial properties. Representing apartment complexes, commercial businesses, grocery stores, and hotels has allowed Mr. Freeman to handle a wide range of premises matters including those involving defects on premises, slip and falls, negligent or improper maintenance of the premises, negligent or inadequate security, and elevator, escalator and moving sidewalk injuries.
During his career, Mr. Freeman has developed relationships with insurance companies, police officers, city officials, risk managers, in house counsel, and experts and has been involved in the drafting and vetting of written policies and procedures covering a wide variety of subjects from employment discrimination and harassment to police high speed pursuit, dealing with the mentally ill, and everything in between. Mr. Freeman has significant experience litigating the issues common to claims made against municipalities, premises owners, public employers, private employers, insured drivers, and insurance companies, and has litigated before juries, judges, administrative agencies, arbitrators, and mediators. In addition, Mr. Freeman is licensed to appear before the United States Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has appeared before the Ninth Circuit and the Nevada Supreme Court to argue issues related to federal and state law and the representation of municipalities and city officials.
- Unanimous jury verdicts in federal court involving the defense against Fourth Amendment use of force claims, Fourth Amendment search and seizure claims, Eighth Amendment cruel and unusual punishment claims, and Fourteenth Amendment equal protection and due process claims.
- Jury verdicts in state court involving the defense against premises liability claims, general liability claims, and injury claims.
- Summary judgments sustained after argument to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in defense of claims brought under the First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Eight Amendment, and Fourteenth Amendment.
- Summary judgments in cases involving claims of injury, insurance bad faith, violation of state insurance laws, and coverage issues.
- Summary judgments in cases involving claims of discrimination in employment under Title VII, the American with Disabilities Act, whistleblower claims, as well as other state and federal employment laws.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
United States Supreme Court
United States District Court for the District of Nevada
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards & Honors
Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rating (highest rating for ethics and professionalism)
Texas Tech University School of Law
Juris Doctor, with honors, 1985
University of Dallas
Bachelor of Arts in Political Philosophy, 1982