- Email: Judd.Uhl@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 513.808.9913
- Fax: 513.808.9912
Judd Uhl is the Managing Partner of the firm’s Cincinnati and Lexington offices. Judd handles all types of insurance defense cases. He has first chair trial experience and has obtained successful verdicts in dozens of cases including wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, trucking, bad faith, long-term care, and malpractice.
In 2009, Judd was lead trial counsel for the target defendant in the longest civil trial in Cincinnati history – Patrick McCarthy vs. Sterling Chemicals, et al. The case involved a defective weld on the manway assembly of a railroad tanker car which Plaintiff alleged separated when the car was pressurized during the unloading process. The accident resulted in the Plaintiff being left in a persistent vegetative state. After a four month trial, the jury returned a defense verdict.
Judd is a member of the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA). ADTA invites only one defense trial attorney to be its prime member per one million in population for each city, town, or municipality across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Mr. Uhl has tried over 40 First Chair jury trials to verdict in Ohio and Kentucky.
CLE – ADTA National Webinar – Deposing the Treating Physician, September 2011
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Kentucky Supreme Court
- Ohio Supreme Court
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Supreme Court of Ohio
Supreme Court of Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Vice Chair of Mentoring Committee, 2016
- Chair of North Central Region of U.S., 2016
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Districts of Kentucky
- U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards & Honors
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2023 & 2024 — Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2006 & 2007)
University of Akron School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1999
Bachelor of Arts, 1995
- Achieved a unanimous defense verdict in an $11.7 million wrongful death claim in Oldham County, Kentucky (near Louisville).
- Obtained a unanimous defense verdict in a rural Ohio county for a tractor trailer operator in a contested liability personal injury matter. The trial court granted the plaintiff's motion for a new trial, but on appeal, the appellate court reinstated the original jury verdict.
- Secured a significant victory on behalf of Lewis Brisbois’ car dealer client when the Supreme Court of Kentucky unanimously affirmed the dismissal of a complaint against the client in a published opinion that will become controlling law in the state.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an insured radiologist client in Montgomery County, Ohio following a two-week wrongful death trial.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a plastic surgeon client in a medical malpractice trial.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict following a four-week jury trial in Kenton County, Kentucky, involving a products liability claim on behalf of a Kentucky company that manufactures additives marketed to biodegrade plastic when utilized by end-use manufacturers.
- Obtained a summary judgment for a large electronics manufacturer in a products liability matter filed in Mason County Circuit Court, Kentucky. The plaintiff alleged that our client manufactured an e-cigarette battery that caused the device to spontaneously combust, injuring him.
- Secured summary judgement on behalf of an insured school district in a federal constitutional matter involving claims that a student who was "cognitively impaired" and "considered a student with 'special needs'" was sexually harassed and assaulted while attending a public school in the defendant school district.
- Obtained a favorable settlement, well below plaintiff's pre-trial demand, for a well-known motor carrier and its driver, following a several-weeks long trial in Jefferson County Circuit Court in Louisville, Kentucky.