- Email: Michael.Marcello@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 401.406.3317
- Fax: 401.406.3312
Michael J. Marcello is a partner in the Providence office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Michael has handled a variety of litigated matters including products liability, legal and accounting malpractice, insurance coverage, asbestos/toxic torts, and property loss claims.
In addition, Michael was the city solicitor for the 7th largest municipality in the state, and has handled issues related to labor & employment, planning and zoning as well as negotiating labor contracts with public safety and municipal workers.
A practicing attorney for over 23 years, Michael has served as trial counsel in Rhode Island state and federal courts, as well as participated in numerous alternative dispute resolution (ADR) forums including arbitrations and mediations. He was recently appointed as an approved arbitrator to the R.I. Superior Court Civil Arbitration Program.
A graduate of Colby College and The American University’s Washington College of Law, Michael also served as a local elected official for the Town of Scituate. He later served in the Rhode Island General Assembly for four terms and was a member of various committees, including the House’s Judiciary Committee.
- City Solicitor, City of Woonsocket (2013-2016)
- Former Partner, Morrison Mahoney LLP (1996-2013)
- Law Clerk, Connecticut Superior Court (1994-1996)
- Former Rhode Island State Representative (2008-2016)
- Chair of the House Oversight Committee
- Vice-Chair of the House Judiciary Committee
- Member of the Corporations and Natural Resources Committees
- Former Member of the Scituate Town Council (1996-98)(2000-2006)
- Employers Mutual Casualty Co. v. Pires, 723 A.2d 295 (RI 1999)
- Zanni v. Voccola, 13 A.3d 1068 (RI 2011)
Rhode Island Superior Court Arbitrator
Currently serves on the Charter and Budget Committees for the Town of Scituate
US Court of Appeals (1st Circuit)
Member of the Rhode Island and American Bar Associations
American University, Washington College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1994
summa cum laude, 1990
- Phi Beta Kappa