- Email: Jessica.Beckwith@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.1035
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Jessica Beckwith is a partner in the Los Angeles and Phoenix offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Real Estate & Environmental Practice as well as the Professional Liability Practice. Ms. Beckwith's practice is focused on environmental law and attorney regulation and ethics.
Ms. Beckwith represents clients in environmental litigation and frequently advises clients on solid waste, wastewater, recycling, and recycled water contracts, ordinances, laws, and regulations. Ms. Beckwith also has extensive experience representing and counseling clients in a variety of administrative proceedings, government tort claims/notices of claims, and public records requests and litigation.
Her experience in attorney regulation and ethics includes advising attorneys and law firms on matters relating to bar charges in Arizona and State Bar complaints in California, as well as fee disputes, disciplinary matters, disqualification issues, bar admissions, and other licensing, ethics, and professional responsibility issues. She also worked for over two years at the State Bar of California, Office of Chief Trial Counsel, as both Deputy and Senior Trial Counsel, representing the State Bar of California and the Committee of Bar Examiners. In that role, she tried a number of cases before the State Bar Court of California. She also managed and directed State Bar investigators in conducting their investigations into disciplinary violations.
- November 14, 2018 Jessica Beckwith to Join Panel on Real Estate Law and California’s New RPC
- November 12, 2018 Jessica Beckwith to Speak at ASCDC Legal Malpractice Seminar
- July 24, 2018 Ken Feldman, Jessica Beckwith, John Barber to Speak at CAALA Convention
- May 11, 2018 Jessica Beckwith to Join Social Media and Ethics CLE Panel
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Notre Dame Club of Phoenix, 2009 - 2010; 2016 - Present
- Xavier College Preparatory Alumnae Board, 2018 - Present
- Notre Dame Club of Los Angeles, 2010 - 2016
- Young Professionals Council Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, 2013 - 2016
- Author, "Client with Diminished Capacity–How Does an Attorney Know When ER 1.14 Applies?" Maricopa Lawyer, November 2018
- Author, “New rules on consultations with prospective clients,” Daily Journal, September 2018
- Author, "The (Possible?Future?) Intersection of Attorney Diligence Requirements of ER 1.1 and Blockchain Technology," Maricopa Lawyer, September 2018
- Author, "Ghostwriting–An Ethical Business Model Not Without Some Pitfalls for the Unwary," Maricopa Lawyer, July 2018.
- Author, “Online Legal Service Marketplaces: Improving Access to Justice? A Way for Non-Lawyers to Get a Piece of the Legal Market? Unethical Fee Splitting with Non-Lawyers?” Maricopa Lawyer, May 2018.
- Author, “Ethics in the Court of Public Opinion,” Maricopa Lawyer, April 2018.
- Author, “Practice of Law Not Immune from #MeToo Movement,” Maricopa Lawyer, March 2018.
- Author, "Attorney Succession Planning and Thinking About the Future,” Maricopa Lawyer, February 2018.
- Guest Speaker on the Podcast, “Lawyers Gone Ethical,” January 1, 2019
- Panelist, Legal Malpractice Seminar, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC), December 11, 2018
- Panelist, "The Impact of California’s New Rules of Professional Conduct, Particularly on Real Estate Practitioners," Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), December 4, 2018
- Panelist, “New and Revised Rules of Professional Conduct," Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Annual Conference in Las Vegas, August 31, 2018
- Panelist, “Social Media and Ethics – Current Trends and Tips for Federal Practitioners,” Phoenix Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, May 17, 2018
- Co-Presenter, “Legal Ethics & Social Media," Alameda County Bar Association, May 10, 2018
State Bar Admissions
- Association of Discipline Defense Counsel, 2014 - Present
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, 2015 - Present
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Volunteer Attorney for State Bar Defense Consultations, 2017 - Present
- Maricopa County Bar Association, 2017 - Present
- Regular Contributing Writer on Ethics Matters, 2018 - Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2012 - 2016
- Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee, 2014 - 2016
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2009
University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Arts in American Studies, cum laude, 2006