On March 4, 2019, the Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision overturning the Ninth Circuit Court's award of $12.8 million in costs in the copyright infringement matter Rimini Street, Inc. et al v. Oracle USA, Inc. et al. Newly confirmed Justice Kavanaugh penned the opinion for the Court, holding that the Ninth Circuit's expanded view of "full costs" set forth in 28 U.S.C. §§ 1920 and 1821 was improper, going beyond the "costs" typically available to copyright litigantsRead more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
2nd circuit 9th circuit aia america invents act anti-raiding attorney-client privilege bankruptcy cafc california cease and desist chapter 11 cleaning product right to know act copyright copyright act copyright office copyright registration creativity design patent design rights digital music discovery doctrine of equivalents document review electronically stored information email employment law entertainment epo federal circuit first amendment first sale doctrine foreign filing free speech full costs grace period hot news huawei immoral or scandalous indictment infringement innovation intellectual property inter partes review ip litigation ipr sovereign immunity ipr time-bar justice department lanham act litigation media misappropriation music nda ninth circuit non-solicitation on-sale doctrine oracle patent application patent cooperation treaty patent law patent litigation patents photography post-grant review precise numerical values professional sports proprietary formula ptab publicity redigi social media specimens supreme court taylor swift tc heartland technology trade dress trademark trademark application trademark law trademark license trade secrets uniform trade secrets act uspto utility patent venue wearable technology wipo