- Email: David.Yavil@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 215.977.4069
- Fax: 215.977.4101
David Yavil is an associate in the Philadelphia office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Life Sciences Practice.
Mr. Yavil has extensive experience representing a wide array of clients including product manufacturers, licensed professionals, health systems, premises owners, real estate brokers and agents, insurers and employers in various civil litigation matters including personal injury, premises liability, asbestos, real estate, medical malpractice, employment and commercial litigation. Mr. Yavil has handled all aspects of litigation including depositions, mediations, arbitrations, and trials. Through the Philadelphia VIP program, he frequently represents individuals on a pro bono basis involving all types of tort and contract actions.
Mr. Yavil lives in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania with his wife, Heather, and two sons, Alexander and Samuel.
Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable M. Allan Vogelson, Presiding Judge, Civil Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County.
- "Legal Issues for Realtors," Suburban West Realtors Association, Malvern, PA (October 9, 2014)
- "Understanding Liability: How Home Inspectors Can Protect Themselves," National Association of Home Inspectors, Pennsylvania Chapter, Towamencin, PA (October 15, 2012)
- "Hammer Time in the Triangle: The Tripartite Relationship," The Hartford, Financial Products Division, New York City (December 13, 2011)
- "Civil Trial Preparation," The New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education (June 2007)
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Board Member, The Neighborhood Club of Bala Cynwyd
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Barrister, Camden/Burlington County Inns of Court
- Volunteer, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Founder, Patrick Callahan Cancer Fund
Awards & Honors
Selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2013–2015).
Rutgers University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2001
The Ohio State University
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, 1997
- Obtained one of the first dismissals in Pennsylvania for a defendant in a Medical Malpractice action pursuant to Pennsylvania's newly enacted venue law.
- Recently obtained dismissal of a commercial property owner in a trip and fall action involving a claim of prior owner liability in New Jersey.
- Represented a Japanese manufacturer of motorcycles and other motorized products, involving multiple products liability actions filed in the State and Federal Courts of Pennsylvania.
- Represented large Japanese manufacturer involving products liability claims at a commercial bakery in New Jersey when two employees were injured while operating a conveyor belt.