David Yavil is a partner in the Philadelphia office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Life Sciences Practice.
Mr. Yavil has extensive experience representing a wide array of clients including product manufacturers, licensed professionals, health systems, premises owners, real estate brokers and agents, insurers and employers in various civil litigation matters including personal injury, premises liability, asbestos, real estate, medical malpractice, employment and commercial litigation. Mr. Yavil has handled all aspects of litigation including depositions, mediations, arbitrations, and trials. Through the Philadelphia VIP program, he frequently represents individuals on a pro bono basis involving all types of tort and contract actions.
Mr. Yavil lives in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania with his wife, Heather, and two sons, Alexander and Samuel.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Life Sciences
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Board Member, The Neighborhood Club of Bala Cynwyd
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Barrister, Camden/Burlington County Inns of Court
- Volunteer, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Founder, Patrick Callahan Cancer Fund
Awards & Honors
Selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2013–2015).
- "Legal Issues for Realtors," Suburban West Realtors Association, Malvern, PA (October 9, 2014)
- "Understanding Liability: How Home Inspectors Can Protect Themselves," National Association of Home Inspectors, Pennsylvania Chapter, Towamencin, PA (October 15, 2012)
- "Hammer Time in the Triangle: The Tripartite Relationship," The Hartford, Financial Products Division, New York City (December 13, 2011)
- "Civil Trial Preparation," The New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education (June 2007)
Rutgers University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2001
The Ohio State University
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, 1997
Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable M. Allan Vogelson, Presiding Judge, Civil Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County.