- Email: Larry.Jackson@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 215.977.4063
- Fax: 215.977.4101
Larry Jackson is a partner in the Philadelphia office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Professional Liability, General Liability and Insurance Coverage Practices. For over twenty-five years, Larry has represented insurers and their policyholders in a wide range of civil defense and insurance coverage litigation, with a particular focus on claims against professionals, including doctors, nurses, dentists, chiropractors, nursing homes, attorneys, brokers and engineers.
In addition to defending professionals, Larry has defended numerous catastrophic injury cases in claims against commercial motor vehicle operators, property owners, security companies, and product manufacturers. In each of these cases, Larry works closely with his clients to find outstanding solutions to meet their expectations. Larry is particularly adept at handling fast paced cases and matters that present difficult legal issues.
When Larry is not defending policyholders in high stakes injury litigation, he’s counseling insurers in complex insurance coverage disputes. Larry has drafted hundreds of coverage opinions, initiated numerous declaratory judgment actions and has defended his insurance clients against claims alleging breach of contract and bad faith in insurance coverage disputes under commercial property, commercial general liability, professional liability, cyber, excess liability and umbrella liability insurance policies. He has also been tapped to handle reinsurance coverage disputes arising out of reinsurance treaties and facultative reinsurance contracts.
The depth of Larry’s knowledge and experience allows him to provide big-picture advice to his clients in all areas relating to insurance litigation, helping clients control costs, avoid expensive disputes where possible, and efficiently resolving issues when they arise. Understanding his client’s concerns and litigation objectives and focusing his efforts on achieving these objectives are defining elements of how Larry practices law.
- Co-Author, "Recent Developments in Excess, Surplus Lines and Reinsurance Litigation," Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Vol. 45, Issue 2 (Winter 2010).
- “Author, “Knowledge is Power, What Do Today’s Directors and Officers Need to Know About Their Company’s D & O Insurance?” 181 N.J.L.J. 420 (Corporate Law, August 1, 2005).
- Author, "Third Circuit Adopts Second Circuit Standard for Pleading Securities Claims Under the PLSRA, and Raises the Bar for Plaintiffs Who Rely Upon Information Attributed to Documentary Evidence or Unnamed Confidential Sources," Professionals', Officers', Directors', Liability Committee Newsletter, Spring 2005.
- Co-Author, Recent Developments in Insurance Coverage Litigation," Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Vol. 40, No. 2, p. 521 (Winter 2005).
- Co-Author, "Foreign Shareholder Securities Fraud Litigation: Welcome to Our Federal Courts," Plus Journal (November 2005).
- "Whose Line Is It? General or Professional Liability Insurance Coverage," 2009 New York Professional Liability and D&O Conference (October 27, 2009)
- "Claims Made and Professional Liability Insurance Coverage--What You Should Know to Protect Yourself and Your Clients," Pennsylvania Bar Institute (August and September 2008).
- "Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Update," for CNA Insurance Company, New York, N.Y. (November 17, 2005).
- "What Do Today's Directors and Officers Need to Know about Their Company's D&O Insurance?" New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, Legal Express Super Course, New Brunswick, N.J. (May 12, 2005).
- "Condominium Insurance Coverage Issues," Pennsylvania Loss Conference, Bala Cynwyd, Pa. (March 2000).
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Philadelphia's Top Rated Lawyers of 2014
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1989
Bachelor of Science, 1984