- Email: Bradley.Fischer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.495.2221
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Bradley Fischer is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Law and Bad Faith Litigation Practices. His practice principally focuses on insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, and he has litigated numerous complex cases through trial and on appeal in Florida state and federal courts. Mr. Fischer’s insurance coverage expertise includes claims involving a variety of business torts; toxic torts; pollution; construction defects; additional insured and indemnity issues; intellectual property matters; aviation; professional, general, automobile, trucking, and products liability; and first party property, including Covid-19 business interruption claims.
Mr. Fischer’s bad faith practice includes claims arising out of coverage disputes, excess verdict/judgment cases, time-limit demands, and alleged improper claim handling and unfair insurance trade practices.
Primary and excess insurers throughout the country recognize Mr. Fischer as an insurance coverage and bad faith specialist in Florida, and frequently call upon him for claim handling advice and in-depth written coverage and bad faith exposure opinions in a variety of settings.
After graduating fifth in his class at law school, where he received several academic awards and was a member of law review, Mr. Fischer began his career as a commercial litigator. In 1993 he opened the Florida office of a national law firm specializing in insurance coverage and general civil litigation. Mr. Fischer served as the managing partner of the Florida office through 2007, when he joined Lewis Brisbois.
Mr. Fischer has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts, both jury and non-jury, and has handled countless mediations and arbitrations. He has authored over 1,000 insurance coverage opinions, reservation of rights letters and coverage denials for insurers addressing a multitude of subjects, as well as opinions analyzing potential bad faith exposure. Mr. Fischer also has vast litigation experience in commercial, tort defense, and professional liability cases. Mr. Fischer regularly defends wholesale and retail insurance brokers, as well as other professionals.
Mr. Fischer's diverse litigation experience has enabled him to represent insurers and institutional companies in a wide range of cases, several of which resulted in reported decisions such as:
- Doe v. Hudson Specialty Insurance Company, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 36380 (S.D. Fla. March 14, 2017), aff'd 719 Fed. Appx. 951 (11th Cir. Jan. 12, 2018)
- Auto-Owners Ins. Co. v. Great Am. Ins. Co., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 163513 (S.D. Fla. May 6, 2011), aff'd 479 Fed. Appx. 228 (11th Cir. 2012)
- Sanderson v. Zurich American Insurance Company, 792 F.Supp. 2d 1291 (M.D. Fla. 2010), rev'd 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 2652 (11th Cir. Feb. 7, 2013)
- Harco National v. Zurich American Insurance Company, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 110651 (M.D. Fla. Sept. 26, 2011), aff'd 2012 U.S. App. LEXIS 12978 (11th Cir. June 26, 2012)
- Admiral Insurance Company v. Feit Management Company, 321 F.3d 1326 (11th Cir. 2003)
- City of Delray Beach v. Agricultural Insurance Company, 936 F.Supp. 931 (S.D. Fla. 1994), aff’d 85 F.3d 1527 (11th Cir. 1996)
- Montalvo v. State, 657 So.2d 816 (Fla. 4th DCA 1995)
- LaFarge Corp. v. Travelers Indemnity, 927 F.Supp. 1534 (M.D. Fla. 1996), aff’d 118 F. 3d 1511 (11th Cir. 1997)
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Tax Court
U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, Trial Bar
U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal
U.S. Tax Court
Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1987
State University of New York at Cortland
Bachelor of Arts, 1984