- Email: Ben.Veralrud@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.334.7030
- Fax: 971.712.2801
Ben Veralrud is a partner in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Mr. Veralrud specializes in defending both individuals and businesses in a variety of complex matters including catastrophic bodily injury claims, professional liability, and commercial litigation. He also possesses a broad range of experience in handling transactional matters, including those in the areas of construction, business, and insurance coverage.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Veralrud worked at a prominent national law firm where his practice focused on construction litigation, general tort (personal injury and premises liability), product liability, transportation, and first party coverage issues.
After law school, Mr. Veralrud clerked for Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Edward Jones, where he gained experience with all aspects of courtroom procedure, including coordinating over 40 civil and criminal trials. Following his judicial clerkship, Mr. Veralrud worked for a solo practitioner where he served as general counsel for local businesses in a variety of practice areas, including construction litigation, consumer protection, commercial litigation, bankruptcy, intellectual property, and estate planning.
Born and raised in Oregon, Mr. Veralrud enjoys running, hiking, golf, and exploring the great outdoors with his family.
- "Drafty Subcontracts Expose GCs," CLM Construction Magazine, Spring 2017
- "Cruising Through Traffic Stops: Does Oregon Search & Seizure Law Place a Subject Matter Limitation on Officer Inquiries?," Volume 90, Issue 5, Oregon Law Review, 2012
Foreign Language Capabilities
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
Awards & Honors
- Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2021—2022
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018-2019, 2021
University of Oregon School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
University of Colorado - Boulder
Bachelor of Arts, 2005