- Email: Carrie.Turner@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 646.597.9154
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Carrie C. Turner is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Directors & Officers and Securities Litigation, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity, Insurance Coverage, and Insurance Law Practices. She has over 8 years of experience counseling leading insurance companies and litigating a wide variety of insurance and general commercial litigation claims.
Ms. Turner counsels insurers in connection with coverage and liability issues arising under director and officer liability, professional liability policies and other coverages. Ms. Turner has also advised insurers and litigated claims regarding hurricane and wind damage, business interruption, design defect, faulty workmanship, mold, water damage, law and ordinance, environmental loss, earth movement and fire. She has litigated numerous actions arising out of Superstorm Sandy and the September 11 terrorist attacks, obtaining substantial settlements on behalf of clients. She has additionally litigated claims arising out of reinsurance disputes, subrogation actions, breach of fiduciary duty, bad faith and other extracontractual claims.
In addition, she has represented insurers in cyber liability actions and advised financial services organizations regarding compliance with data security regulations.
Ms. Turner has also represented clients in general commercial, corporate and partnership disputes, attorney malpractice disputes, and a broad range of contract disputes, at both the trial and appellate levels.
From 2009 to 2010, Ms. Turner served as a law clerk to the Honorable Boyce F. Martin Jr. on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- New York's Landmark Cybersecurity Regulation Amendment Proposed, Deadlines Looming, Data Privacy + Security Insider (February 15, 2018)
- United States Supreme Court Considers Whether to Weigh in on Circuit Split in Data Breach, Actions, Data Privacy + Security Insider (February 5, 2018)
- Compliance With New York's Cybersecurity Regulation 23 NYCRR Part 500, Data Privacy + Security Insider (December 6, 2017)
- Co-author, Drone Mapping the Way of the Future for Insurance Companies, Property Coverage Insurance Insights; Data Privacy and Security Insider (July 12, 2016)
- Co-author, Insurance E&O Liability Arising from Superstorm Sandy; Superstorm Sandy Insurance Litigation (Harris Martin publishers) (June 24, 2014)
- Co-author, LIBOR: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask; Pepperdine's Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship and the Law (JBEL) Volume VI, No. II (summer 2013)
- Co-presenter, Drones Take Flight in the Insurance Industry (1/19/2017 and 2/8/2017)
- Co-presenter, Lawyer as Super-Adjuster: Discovery Implications (11/14/2017)
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of the 2014 Burton Distinguished Legal Writing Award presented by the Burton Awards in association with the Library of Congress.
- Commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by former Kentucky Governor, Steven Beshear.
Boston University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2009
- Editor-in-Chief, Boston University School of Law Public Interest Law Journal
University of Louisville
- Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Minors in Chemistry and Art History