- Email: Jessica.Mullen@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 219.440.0618
- Fax: 219.440.0601
Jessica Mullen is a partner in the Highland, Indiana office of Lewis Brisbois. She is a member of the General Liability, Healthcare and Medical Malpractice groups and the Firm’s 24/7 Rapid Response Team. Ms. Mullen has extensive experience defending clients with complex tort, transportation, medical malpractice, and professional liability litigation matters. She also has experience in the areas of product liability and insurance coverage. Ms. Mullen practices in both state and federal courts in Indiana and Wisconsin.
Her experience includes practicing with another national law firm in medical malpractice matters and serving as a casualty claims representative for a third-party administrator for various trucking companies. She is well-versed in Indiana's Medical Malpractice Act and has vast experience with its Medical Review Panel process. Ms. Mullen maintains a strong working relationship with many lawyers in Indiana's tight-knit specialized medical malpractice community.
Ms. Mullen was born and raised in Cuba City, Wisconsin. She now lives in Crown Point, Indiana with her husband, John, a police officer, their two daughters, Alison and Mae, and a menagerie of pets.
- Quillen v. Anonymous Hospital, 121 N.E.3d 581 (Ind. Ct. App. 2019)
- Speaks v. Vishnuvadhan Rao, 117 N.E.3d 661 (Ind. Ct. App. 2018)
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- The ALS Association-Wisconsin Chapter, Co-Founder/Co-Coordinator of the Platteville, Wisconsin "Walk to Defeat ALS™"
- Lupus Foundation of America-Indiana Chapter, Past Walk Committee Member and Registration Chair
- "The Use of Expert and Skilled Lay Witnesses in Legal Malpractice Cases," West LegalEdCenter, live webcast, March 2015.
- "Are Those Damages Really Recoverable?: A Discussion of Claims for Punitive, Emotional and Consequential Damages in Legal Malpractice," West LegalEdCenter, live webcast, March 2014.
- "Avoiding the Medicare Trap: Medicare Considerations and the Potential for Legal Malpractice Claims," webinar, West Publishing, April 2013.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Rules Committee Chair
- Lake County Bar Association
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
Juris Doctor, 2000
- Notes Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
- Publicity Coordinator, Sherman Minton Moot Court Board
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
Bachelor of Arts, with distinction, 1996
- Double Major: Behavioral Science & Law, Spanish
University of Wisconsin, Platteville, Wisconsin
- Study Abroad Program to Seville, Spain
- Birch Rea v. Brombacher, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 81972 (N.D. Ind. 2020) - prevailed on motion to dismiss on behalf of attorney and law firm clients in plaintiff's professional negligence action.
- John C. & Maureen G. Osbourne Revocable Family Trust v. Town of Long Beach, 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 49239 (N.D. Ind. 2018) - prevailed on motion to dismiss on behalf of attorney client on plaintiffs' state and federal due process claims.
- AGM v. Mental Health Ctr. A, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 138991 (N.D. Ind. 2016) - prevailed on motion to dismiss on behalf of hospital client on plaintiff's state medical malpractice and federal Section 1983 claims.