- Email: Robert.Collins@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5167
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Robert Collins is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice.
Robert’s practice is focused on intellectual property matters including trademark and Lanham Act claims, copyright litigation, unfair competition litigation, false advertising, trade secret litigation, right of publicity, anti-piracy, franchising, and related complex business litigation. He has litigated numerous matters in California State Court, all Federal District Courts in the State of California, Federal Courts nationwide, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In addition to litigation, Robert’s practice includes copyright and trademark prosecution, licensing, and extensive online enforcement of intellectual property rights in response to unauthorized use on multiple e-commerce platforms.
Robert has been recognized as a California Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, an honor reserved for the top 2.5% of attorneys, and as a “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine.
- Intern, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), United Nations Headquarters, New York City
- Staff Mediator, Loyola Law School Center for Conflict Resolution
- Certified Law Clerk, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office - Preliminary Hearings Division
- Extern, The Honorable Dickran Tevrizian, Jr., United States District Court, Central District of California
- Pittman v. Avish Partnership, et al., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 59992 (C.D. Cal. June 2, 2011).
- L.A. Printex Industries, Inc. v. William Carter Co., et al., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 73235; 95 U.S.P.Q.2D (BNA) 1550 (C.D. Cal. July 2, 2010).
- L.A. Printex Industries, Inc. v. Aeropostale, Inc., et al., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 46951; 94 U.S.P.Q.2D (BNA) 1754 (C.D. Cal. May 5, 2010).
- Premier Displays & Exhibits, Inc. v. David Cogswell, et al., 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 119462 (C.D. Cal. Dec. 23, 2009).
Co-Author, Enforcing Online Intellectual Property Rights, For The Defense, Defense Research Institute, February 2011
Copyright Primer: Registration, Infringement and Available Defenses – Korean Trade Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), Los Angeles, CA, December 2013
State Bar Admissions
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association (LAIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- National Peace Corps Association
- Los Angeles World Affairs Council
Awards & Honors
- Southern California Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars”, 2014-2018
- Top Attorneys, Pasadena Magazine, 2015
Loyola Law School
- Managing Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review
University of California Santa Barbara
Bachelor of Arts