- Email: Scott.Cockrum@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 219.440.0602
- Fax: 219.440.0601
Scott Cockrum is a partner in the Schererville and Indianapolis offices of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the General Liability Practice.
Mr. Cockrum joined Lewis Brisbois in January 2019 as a partner. He previously practiced at a Chicago-based national law firm since April 2003, and as a partner since 2006.
He served for five years as an adjunct professor in the Paralegal Program at Calumet College of St. Joseph in Whiting, Indiana.
Mr. Cockrum has extensive and varied litigation experience. He is frequently before Indiana state and federal courts in a variety of cases, handling declaratory judgment, bad faith, UIM, and breach of contract claims and other actions for insurers. He further represents defendants in a variety of litigation matters, including health care providers in medical malpractice cases. He has handled multiple bench trials for the Indiana Patient's Compensation Fund in petitions for excess damages under Indiana's Medical Malpractice Act, and has handled over 50 appeals before Indiana's appellate courts, including oral arguments in several matters. Mr. Cockrum lives in Munster, Indiana with his wife and four daughters.
Co-authored, "Independent Counsel and Defense under a Reservation of Rights: Where We Are and Where We Are Going," Indiana Civil Litigation Review, 2017
- Estate of Staggs v. ADS Logistics,102 N.E. 3d 319 (Ind. Ct. App. 2018)
- Admiral Ins. Co. v. Banasiak, 72 N.E.3d 1491 (Ind. Ct. App 2017)
- Merrillville 2548, Inc. v. BMO Harris Bank, NA., 39 N.E.3d 382 (Ind. Ct. App. 2015)
- Kapoor v. Dybwad, 49 N.E.3d 108 (Ind. Ct. App. 2015)
- Wertz v. Asset Acceptance, 5 N.E.3d 1175 (Ind. Ct. App. 2014)
- Chaffins v. Kauffman, 995 N.E.2d 707 (Ind. Ct. App. 2013)
- Breeden v. Hoffmeister-Repp, 2010 WL 4925629 (Ind. App. 2010)
- Estate of Mintz v. CGLIC,. 905 N.E.2d 994 (Ind. 2009)
- Surfware, Inc v. Allied Specialty Precision, 876 N.E.2d 1156 (Ind. App. 2007)
- Rood v. Saber, 844 N.E.2d 502 (Ind. Ct. App. 2006)
- Brant v. Krilich, 835 N.E 2c1582 (Ind. Ct. App. 2005)
- McGarrity v. Berlin Metals, 744 N.E.2d 71 (Ind. Ct App. 2002)
- Loomis v. Ameritech Corp., 764 N.E.2d 658 (Ind. Ct. App. 2002)
- Gallant Ins. Co. v. Oswalt, 762 N.E.2d 1254 (Ind Ct App. 2002)
- Palmer & Sons Paving v. Northern Indiana Public Service Co, 758 N.E.2d 550 (Ind. Ct. App. 2001)
- In Re: Estate of Meyer, 747 N.E.2d 1159 (Ind. Ct. App. 2001)
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Chair of Rules Committee for the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana.
University of Notre Dame Law School
Juris Doctor, 1998
Indiana State University
Master of Arts in English, 1995
University of Southern Indiana
Bachelor of Science, 1993