- Email: Angeline.Ioannou@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 860.566.8046
- Fax: 860.748.4857
Angeline N. Ioannou is a co-managing partner in the Hartford office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. She has more than 15 years of litigation experience and focuses her practice on health care matters, with an extensive background defending professional malpractice claims on behalf of nursing homes, physicians, and nurses. Her background also includes defending complex tort and commercial liability claims involving wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. She has tried five cases to verdict and conducted more than 100 matters in binding arbitration.
Angie frequently writes and lectures on long-term care issues. She is also an active member of multiple professional organizations, such as the Defense Research Institute (DRI), the American Bar Association and, most recently, the Connecticut Assisted Living Association. Angie was the Program Chair for DRI’s 2016 Nursing Home and Assisted Living Litigation Seminar.
She has also been very active with the DRI Medical Liability and Health Law Committee and served a two-year stint as the Co-Chair of publications, where she was responsible for selecting authors and editing submissions published in DRI’s MedLaw Update and the dedicated health care issue of For the Defense.
In addition to her health care practice, Angie has also represented insurance carriers, product manufacturers, and global retail and restaurant chains in a broad range of civil litigation involving contract disputes, general tort matters, indemnification issues, product liability claims, and wrongful death under Connecticut’s Dram Shop Act.
- May 18, 2018 Angeline Ioannou to Present at Insurance ExecuSummit
- August 31, 2017 Angeline Ioannou to Speak at DRI Annual Meeting
- Co-Author, “Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury: An Historical Perspective ,” DRI The Voice, March 18, 2015
- Co-Author, “A Pediatric Physician’s Approach to Evaluation of Claims Citing the Failure to Diagnose Group B Streptococcal Meningitis (GBS) in Children,” Defense Research Institute Medlaw Update, December 31, 2013
- Co-Author, “Danger From Within? Sex Offenders in Long-Term Care Facilities,” For the Defense, Defense Research Institute, August 2013
- Author, “Is the ‘Old Boys Club’ Alive and Well in 2013? Despite Efforts, Female Attorneys Succeed in Disproportionate Numbers,” DRI Today, May 31, 2013
- Panelist, “Hard to Say I’m Sorry; Risks and Benefits of Admitting Negligence in Medical Malpractice Cases,” Defense Research Institute, Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, October 5, 2017
- Program Chair, DRI Nursing Home/ALF Litigation Seminar, Scottsdale, AZ, September 8-9, 2016
- Panelist, "Finding Your Voice: Fitting into the Paradigm of 'Not Too Aggressive, Not Too Weak' when Communicating with Clients and Interacting Within Your Organization," ACI Women Leaders in Healthcare Law, Washington, D.C., September 28, 2015
- Presenter, "Not Too Aggressive, Not Too Weak," ACI Women's Leadership Seminar in Healthcare Law, Washington D.C., September 28, 2015
- Panelist, “Recognizing and Creating a Framework to Manage Sexual Issues in the Nursing Home Setting,” American Conference Institute’s 4th Annual Forum on Preventing and Defending Long Term Care Litigation, Miami, Florida, January 29, 2014
U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Defense Research Institute: Member of the Diversity Committee and the Medical Liability and Health Law Committee (Program Chair, 2016 Nursing Home and Assisted Living Litigation Seminar, former Co-Chair of publications)
- Connecticut Assisted Living Association (CALA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Widener University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1996
Sacred Heart University
Bachelor of Science, 1991