The attorneys of Lewis Brisbois' nationwide Transportation Practice are extensively involved in the defense of the trucking industry. Our clients include freight carriers, truck insurers, public entities, and waste management groups engaged in both intra-state and interstate transportation. The Transportation Practice Group is actively involved in an array of organizations such as ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates), TIDA (Trucking Industry Defense Association), Defense Research Institute, and the Transportation Lawyers Association. The Transportation Practice Group is committed to continuing education and keeping abreast of developments that affect large fleets, small fleets, and owner-operators.
Our transportation attorneys have considerable litigation and trial experience. We have generated significant resource materials that are invaluable in the management of questions involving transportation. The firm has dealt with a broad variety of issues that are pervasive in the industry, including negligent hiring and retention, hours of service, Engine Control Module (ECM) data, messaging and positioning data, DOT compliance, and accident reconstruction. Members of the firm’s Transportation Practice Group are on call 24/7 with freight carriers, insurers, and TPAs. When called upon, members of the firm’s group are experienced in the management of on- scene accident investigation to assure the preservation of both evidence and constitutional protections.
Our attorneys work with teams of seasoned investigators and experts who specialize in the collection and analysis of accident evidence. Together, they evaluate the physical and human factors that contribute to the cause of an accident. In this context, the resolution of cases, small or large, are more cost-effective and timely.
We also understand that each and every file requires efficient and economical handling. We thoroughly and vigorously defend our clients. Our transportation clients have enjoyed excellent case results through our handling of their matters.
Our Transportation Group also handles cargo loss and damage litigation arising from ground and air transport contracts under the Carmack Amendment and the Warsaw Convention. We provide our insurance clients with assistance for the full breadth of Inland Marine Policy coverage and the group works in conjunction with our Admiralty/Energy Litigation Practice.
- September 01, 2015 Shipping Between the United States and Canada: Does the Carmack Amendment Always Apply?
- September 01, 2015 New Case on Inadmissibility of Request for Admission Denials
- September 04, 2015 Dismissal Obtained in Trucking Rollover Accident Where Plaintiff Alleged Employer Misrepresentation
- July 07, 2014 When Goods Disappear or Are Damaged during Transportation, Whose Bill of Lading Controls Shipment?
- September 23, 2015 Recent Traffic Law Changes for NYC Drivers in Serious Accidents Can Impact Future Civil Litigation
- July 07, 2014 Dodd v. Cruz: A Response to Attempts to Circumvent Howell and Corenbaum
- July 07, 2014 Texas Hospital Liens
- July 07, 2014 3rd Eye Cam: Unmatched Driver Monitoring & Fleet Management By Alliance Wireless Technology, Inc.
Related Legal Alerts
- August 01, 2015 Transportation Client Alert - August, 2015
- March 10, 2017 Georgia Supreme Court Clarifies Conditions Allowed in Settlement Demands by Motor Vehicle Plaintiffs
- November 02, 2016 New York Client Alert: November, 2016
- March 16, 2017 New York & New Jersey Trial Team Update - March 2017
- June 02, 2017 Bronx County Changes Trial Rules for Motor Vehicle Cases
- July 28, 2017 Illinois Court Ruling Reexamines Taxi Drivers & Transportation Drivers as Employees
- October 12, 2017 NY & NJ Trial and Appellate Team Update - October 2017
Related Webinars & Seminars
- August 16, 2018 Upcoming Webinar: Transportation Defense