- Email: Todd.Ehrenreich@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 786.353.0223
- Fax: 786.513.2249
Todd R. Ehrenreich is the managing partner of the Miami office of Lewis Brisbois. His practice focuses on civil litigation with an emphasis on catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, products liability, construction defect, premises liability and negligent security, and mass tort/class actions.
He has litigated in several states and has been lead counsel in over 40 jury trials throughout Florida achieving favorable and defense verdicts on numerous high profile cases. He has handled professional liability cases involving lawyers, medical practitioners, real estate commercial appraisers, and insurance agents.
- Received defense verdict in premises liability case in which property owner client was charged with failure to warn after a homeowner allegedly fell to his death on the property’s rocky, steep terrain.
- Represented drywall supplier in the first contested Chinese drywall jury trial in the United States, as well as the target defendant for the South Florida claims in a class action of more than 100 defendants and 2,000 homeowner plaintiffs.
- Received defense verdict in a trucking case where plaintiff suffered partial paralysis in a truck and car accident.
- Received defense verdict in wrongful death case brought by the estate of a heavy equipment operator who was crushed to death when the paving machine he was operating rolled down an embankment. The decedent left a wife and seven children. Plaintiff’s last demand during trial was $17 million.
- Serve as trial counsel for excess claims division of one of the world’s largest insurance firms in catastrophic personal injury litigation.
- Representing transportation company and driver after tragic collision involving tractor-trailer, car and school bus, resulting in the deaths of several minors. Involves more than 15 separate personal injury suits.
- Defended the third-largest processor in the U.S. poultry industry after delivery truck collided with SUV. Allegations of a traumatic brain injury were not proven, and plaintiff’s eight-figure demand was reduced to an award in the amount of the primary layer of insurance coverage.
- Successfully represented several trucking carriers to verdict in districts throughout Florida.
U.S. District Court, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2008-present
- Dade County Bar Association, Committee on Civil Procedure, 1997-1999
- The Florida Bar, Rules of Evidence Committee, 1997-1999
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida Super Lawyers List, Personal Injury Defense - General (2011-2016)
- Best Lawyers® 2012-2016, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants
- Best Lawyers® 2013, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants Lawyer of the Year, Miami
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer (2012-2013)
- AV Preeminent® Top Rated Lawyer for over 10 years
University of Miami
Juris Doctor, 1992
St. Thomas University
Master of Science, 1988
Bachelor of Arts, 1986