- Email: Angela.Zanin@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.358.6164
- Fax: 213.250.7900
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn
Angela A. Zanin is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Bad Faith Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Surety, and Italy Practices.
Angela focuses her practice on insurance coverage matters. She specializes in surety law, insurance guaranty association law, independent counsel disputes, first and third party policies, and underlying claims related to wild fires, pollution, intellectual property, and construction defects.
Angela is President of the Italian American Lawyers Association. She studied in Milan, Italy in college and has continued to honor her Italian roots with her involvement with the Italian community in Los Angeles.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Volunteer Attorney, Los Angeles County Bar Association Domestic Violence Clinic (2019-present)
- Volunteer Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court (2019-present)
- Volunteer, PATH Homeless Housing Project, Los Angeles (2021-22)
- Disaster Healthcare Volunteer, Medical Reserve Corps Los Angeles (2021)
- Volunteer Attorney, Los Angeles County Bar Association Small Claims Clinic (2011-2012)
- Hallmark Specialty Ins. Co. v. Phoenix C & D Recycling, Inc., 999 F.3d 563 (8th Cir. 2021).
- Stonelight Tile, Inc. v. Cal. Ins. Guarantee Assn., 150 Cal.App.4th 19 (2007).
- Big 5 Sporting Goods v. Zurich, 957 F.Supp.2d 1135 (C.D. Cal. 2013).
- Travelers v. Engel, 29 Cal.App.5th 830 (2018).
- Pitfalls in California Surety to Arch Surety Group, January 2023
- California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations Certification to Nationwide Surety Group, September 2022
- Covid-19 Panel, Impact on Insurance Coverage, Italian American Lawyers Association, July 2021
- Bruin Professionals Panel on Diversity and Inclusion, April 2021
- Diversity and Inclusion Award by Italian American Lawyers Association presented to Los Angeles Superior Court Presiding Judge Eric Taylor, February 2021
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Pro Hac Vice Admissions
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Montana
- Italian American Lawyers Association
- President (2023)
- President-Elect (2022)
- Vice President (2020)
- Board of Governors (2019-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee (2021-present)
- President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession (2020-present)
- Domestic Violence Clinic (2019-present)
- National Italian American Foundation, Washington D.C. (2022-present)
- Italy-America Chamber of Commerce West, Los Angeles (2022-present)
- Irish American Bar Association-Los Angeles (2021-present)
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers Rising Star Insurance Coverage (2013-2017)
Pepperdine School of Law, Malibu
Juris Doctor, 2003
- Pepperdine Law Review, 2001-2003
University of Minnesota, Morris
B.A. History, Political Science, High Distinction, 2000
- NavCom Defense Electronics, Inc. v. Continental, 2011 WL 3435391 (Cal. Ct. App. 2011) (represented insurance company in environmental pollution case as to corporate successor liability).
- Travelers v. Centex (“Centex II”), 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 10261 (N.D. Cal. 2019) (represented insurer in independent counsel dispute involving multiple underlying actions and related coverage issues).
- Provided coverage advice in intellectual property dispute with Versace as to coverage for trademark infringement.
- Advised as to coverage available in litigation between Roberto Cavalli and Tory Burch regarding remodel of Rodeo Drive properties.
- Extensive litigation as to insurance coverage available for wineries in Napa and Sonoma after California wild fires.