- Email: Jeffrey.Novell@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 813.739.1944
- Fax: 813.739.1919
Jeffrey Novell is a partner in the Tampa office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Workers’ Compensation Practice.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Jeffrey worked at a prominent national law firm where he focused his practice in the area of labor and employment law with particular emphasis on workers’ compensation defense, retaliatory cases, Title VII, FLSA, employment discrimination, wage/hour claims, and EEOC claims.
Jeffrey has practiced before federal and state governmental agencies, defending his clients under labor and equal employment opportunity laws. Mr. Novell also counsels on all aspects of employer/employee relations including employment defense litigation, workers' compensation potential claims, and business litigation.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Keystone Little League, Member of the Board of Directors and Volunteer Team Manager
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Novell has been a lecturer on a variety of topics within the field of worker's compensation, and has been approved as an educator by the Florida Department of Financial Services in the field of Worker's Compensation Law & Policy. His presentations include:
- Guest Panelist, Sedgwick/Aramark's Global Risk Management Claims Summit – Marijuana Legalization Discussion, Tampa, Florida, November 2014
- "Florida Workers' Compensation Case Law Update – Parts 1 (How to Avoid or Minimize Claims) and 2 (Case Law Update)," HR Florida, Orlando, Florida, October 2007
- "Limiting Your Liability in Today's Litigious Times," Suncoast Safety Council and Tampa Area Safety Council's Worker's Compensation seminar, Largo, Florida, May 2005
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Villanova University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1998
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science, 1995
- Treasurer, Florida State University Pre-Law Society
- Founding Treasurer, Pre-Law Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity