- Email: Thomas.Keevins@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 973.792.8759
- Fax: 973.577.6261
Thomas “T.J.” Keevins is a partner in the Newark office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the firm’s Aviation and General Liability Practices. His practice includes defending large domestic and international air carriers in personal injury cases and other matters. In addition to his aviation practice, over the course of his career, he has litigated products and premises liability matters, has represented property owners and contractors in NYS labor law claims, defended municipal entities and services, litigated securities and other class action matters, and served as an Assistant District Attorney in Kings County, New York. Mr. Keevins also handles the defense of automobile and transportation matters.
Representative Aviation Law Experience:
- Representation of helicopter operations company and pilot in command in East River helicopter crash litigation;
- Representation of MRO which had repaired incident private jet prior to subsequent crash;
- Representation of insurer and registered owner/ operator of aircraft in subrogation action;
- Representation of regional airline in personal injury/ fatality action involving ramp propeller strike; Representation of regional airline in personal injury action involving coffee spill.
- Representation of airline regarding issues of federal preemption.
Non-Aviation Representative Experience:
- Litigation of New York State Labor Law 240/241/200 claims, representing property owners, general contractors and subcontractors;
- Litigation of varied premises liability matters on behalf of property owners, managers and other related entities;
- Litigation of various automobile/ transportation matters-Representative clients have included individual owner/ operators, as well as fleet owner/ operators, including trucking owner/ operators paratransit owner/ operators, and municipal entities/ programs.
A life-long aviation enthusiast, Mr. Keevins is in the process of completing his private pilot’s license, with the long-term goal of ultimately becoming a flight instructor. He hopes to use that certification in passing a love of aviation to future pilots, and using his personal knowledge and experience as a pilot to better understand the needs of and to best represent the interests of the firm’s aviation industry clients.
When not working, Mr. Keevins can usually be found in the cockpit of general aviation aircraft, playing traditional Irish music, or spending time with friends and family.
Admitted in New York only. Not licensed in New Jersey.
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
St. John's University School of Law