Legal Secretary - New Orleans
January 09, 2019
Lewis Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP a national Insurance Defense law firm has an opening for a seasoned litigation secretary with at least 5-7 years of experience to join our growing New Orleans office.
Candidate must have a solid insurance defense litigation background and possess excellent legal secretarial skills. Our growing practice groups are looking for a secretary who is a talented team player. Ideal candidates will have strong legal and administrative secretarial skills, as well as, strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and take direction well with a positive attitude. Must have strong Microsoft Office skills, E-filing, expense report handling, and comfortable with drafting and filing of legal documents with the courts. The firm offers a competitive salary. Our groups work as a team to support each other when someone is out or needs assistance, and succeeds because of the quality of our collective work.
Eligible candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Experience with both State and Federal courts, including knowledge of CM/ECF e-filing procedures.
- 5+ years of litigation experience, including trial.
- Proficiency in Word 2010.
- Experience with e-calendaring/scheduling for multiple attorneys.
- Organized, reliable, and attentive to detail.
- Initiative and willingness to be a team player are important assets for this desk.
- All desks are heavy litigation, with an attorney to secretary ratio of 3 to 1.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Candidates should be comfortable working with a variety of computer software programs and be capable of quickly learning new ones as needed. Training is available. Candidates must be able to work independently and have proven experience in supporting 3 attorneys efficiently.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, in confidence to: Dawn.Treuting@lewisbrisbois.com. Please no recruiters and no phone inquiries regarding this posting.Back to Career Search