Conflicts/New Matter Specialist – Los Angeles
February 06, 2019
Conflicts/New Matters Specialist will be required to accurately and efficiently conduct comprehensive conflict checks for all new matters within the parameters of the conflicts program with the continuation of the process by reviewing the new matters submitted through new matter program for accuracy, appropriate documentation, coding and rates as well as final uploading into the system.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, due to high level of professional service to Management, attorneys and other staff that are required in order to successfully process new matters. Must have a high quality level of customer service, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires various interactions with management, attorneys, and other staff, in addition to firm clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Must understand and demonstrate superior knowledge of conflicts/new matter intake procedures for insurance defense as well as corporate services.
- 3 to 5 years conflicts/new matters experience in a law firm environment.
- Experience with Elite, LawTime, Prolaw, Aderant, or equivalent accounting software experience
- Must have strong technology skills and particularly strong skills related to knowledge of law firm conflicts/new matters systems
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Excel and the ability to prepare ad hoc reports
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to research and resolve errors or discrepancies, effectively and efficiently
- Aptitude for working with numbers
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to show strong attention to detail, as well as strength in the area of proofreading
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction, follow up on own initiative
- Must have an exemplary customer service mindset and interaction and proactive communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
- High school diploma is required; college level courses in Accounting or Accounting Degree is a plus
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search