Billing & Collection Clerk – San Bernardino
June 10, 2019
The San Bernardino based Billing & Collection Clerk is an entry level role. Are you looking for a career in a professional service environment and not just a job? Are you a self-starter, motivated and have a desire to achieve more? If so, you will enjoy a collaborative environment, unique culture which provides autonomy, work-life balance all while working with some of the brightest and highly skilled legal billing specialists around the country. If this reads like a role you would be interested in, please read on.
The Billing & Collection Clerk will be required to:
- Send request/follow-up predefined email to attorneys to notify of delinquent accounts
- Communicate with billing specialists via phone and email to determine reasons for overdue payment
- Attempt for payment resolution on overdue invoices
- Document information accurately
- Follow-up to ensure we have some form of resolution (hold, write off, pursue)
- Meet minimum standards for daily emails, accounts and goals
- Assist Billing Specialists with tasks such as appeals, follow-up and other projects as assigned.
- Must have a high-quality level of customer service, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires various interactions with management, attorneys, and other staff, in addition to firm clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Additional duties as requested
- 1 to 2 years customer service experience.
- Strong technology and office skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook, and ability to create, edit, and present complex data, analyses and ad hoc reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aptitude for working with numbers and being a team player.
- Effectively and credibly interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude to problem-solving.
- Anticipate work needs and organize work flow; follow through with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own initiative.
- Multi-task, use time efficiently and perform professionally and at a high level under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment, and successfully prioritize and adapt to changing demands.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work weekends or evenings as needed.
- High school diploma required; college level courses in Accounting or Accounting Degree is a plus.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
Please send resumes to: Martin.Ervin@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search