Accounts Payable Specialist – Las Vegas
April 15, 2019
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP (“Lewis Brisbois”) is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,350 attorneys and 50 offices in 27 states and Washington, D.C.
We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 9th in the Law 360 400 list of the nation’s largest law firms. We offer an excellent rewards package that includes competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick pay, as well as a wide range of voluntary benefits.
As a result of growth and expansion, we currently have opportunities for an Accounts Payable Specialist in our firm-wide A/P department in Las Vegas. Under the guidance of the Accounts Payable Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisor the position performs the Firm’s full cycle accounts payable process to ensure all invoices for the Firm are processed and paid timely and accurately, ensuring compliance to department policies and procedures, particularly for insurance defense matters which may include complex billing arrangements. Responsibilities include processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports; preparing account reconciliations; maintaining vendor relationships; assisting in resolving bill discrepancies; and processing 1099s at year-end.
Excellent analytical ability, communication, interaction and high level of professional service to our clients, vendors, management, attorneys, secretaries and other staff in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume and dynamic environment is required in order to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Full-Time.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS:
The position reports directly to the Accounts Payable Assistant Manager or Supervisor. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following is intended to describe the general nature of the job. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. The items listed below are considered daily functions associated with this position:
- Daily processing of vendor invoices which includes scanning invoices and data entry into the Accounts Payable software program.
- Monitor and follow up on the status of invoices in the AP Workflow program.
- Review invoices for back-up documentation and approvals prior to payment.
- Audit expense reimbursements and process through the Expense Program.
- Process daily check requests.
- Process EDI invoices for large vendors.
- Audit and process purchasing credit card transactions.
- Effectively communicate with vendors on payment issues including timely research of past due invoices.
- Provide support to attorneys, secretaries and others regarding client charges, vendor payments, expense reimbursements and rush requests.
- Enter other AP transactions such as wire transfers, vendor adjustments and manual checks.
- Provide vendor bills to outside parties in accordance with Firm’s client billing guidelines.
- Interface with Billing Department, secretaries, attorneys, and office administrators on various issues involving payment of vendor invoices.
- Monitor the AP vendor line.
- Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office; comfort with a variety of Accounting software programs; knowledge of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- Understand and appropriately apply the Firm’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, comfortable working with numbers and accounting documentation, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to effectively communicate through oral and written means.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced, deadline driven and dynamic environment.
EDUCTION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred; or equivalent work experience combined with college level Accounting courses.
- 3-4 years experience working as an AP Specialist.
- 1-2 years experience working in a Law Firm preferred. Insurance Defense experience desirable.
- Aderant (or equivalent) accounting software experience. Strong working knowledge of Accounting systems.
Occasional lifting of heavy paperwork such as checks. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, standing, bending, kneeling, lifting, or carrying.
Please submit your resume and cover letter containing your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Accounts Payable Specialist” in the subject line.Back to Career Search