- Email: Lann.McIntyre@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4976
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Lann G. McIntyre is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Appellate Practice. Ms. McIntyre has over 30 years of experience as a civil litigator and appellate specialist in San Diego. During her legal career she has practiced in such diverse areas of law as construction contract disputes, labor law, employment law, professional negligence, appellate law, family law, and general business litigation. She is best known for her research, writing and advocacy skills.
Ms. McIntyre started her legal career in San Diego, practicing in the areas of construction contract disputes, labor law, and general business litigation. She developed a specialty in civil appeals, arguing her first case in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals during her second year of practice. Ms. McIntyre continued her representation of clients in a variety of litigation matters and developed a specialty as an accomplished appellate practitioner.
Ms. McIntyre also gained expertise handling employment litigation from both the plaintiff’s and defense perspectives, counseling employers and employees on employment issues, conducting training, and preparing employee handbooks. She has also been "Of Counsel" to firms practicing in professional negligence and family law.
Related Legal Alerts
- March 20, 2018 Calif. Team Prevails in Asbestos Appeal
- April 05, 2017 Calif. Team Prevails in Another Asbestos Appeal
- January 24, 2017 Appellate Team Beats Challenge to Negligence Suit
- November 22, 2016 Calif. Team Gets Alternative Writ Issued on Disqualification
- Contributing editor of Black’s Law Dictionary, 7th Edition
- Contributing author to the Encyclopedia of Violence in America
- A New Expedited Appeals Process Regarding Petitions to Compel Arbitration in Elder Abuses Cases Went Into Effect on July 1, 2017, The Update – Fall 2017
Ms. McIntyre has been a member of (and past chair of) the Appellate Court Committee of the San Diego County Bar Association and the State Bar Appellate Courts Committee.
- Board member (past-president of) University of San Diego School of Law, Law Alumni Association
- Pro bono counsel to and member of board of trustees of the South District Conference of the United Methodist Church
- DeCambre v. Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego (2015) 235 Cal.App.4th 1
- Mark Tanner Construction, Inc. v. Hub International Insurance Services, Inc. (2014) 224 Cal.App.4th 574
Ms. McIntyre is a frequent presenter at USD School of Law regarding careers, appellate law, and practice management. She has also been a speaker on topics such as elimination of bias in the law, advice to trial lawyers on preparing for post-judgment motions and appeals, legal writing and oral advocacy, and employment law.
Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Southern, Central and Northern Districts of California
United States Supreme Court
- San Diego County Bar Association, Appellate Court Committee
- Women's Global Network
Awards & Honors
- Master, San Diego Appellate Inn of Court, 2018
- AV- Preeminent rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Listed in Los Angeles Times’ Top Lawyers of Southern California, 2014
- San Diego Top Lawyers, 2015, 2017 (San Diego Magazine)
University of San Diego School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1982
- Member of the Moot Court Board, recognized for outstanding legal writing
- Order of the Barristers
University of California, Santa Barbara
Bachelor of Science, Political Science & History (dual degrees), 1979
- Phi Beta Kappa