- Email: Lee.Peacocke@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 504.208.3966
- Fax: 504.754.7569
Lee Peacocke is a partner in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. He is licensed to practice in all federal and state courts in Louisiana and Mississippi, including the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
The focus of his practice is maritime defense litigation, with particular emphasis on personal injury and property damage claims. Early in his career, he participated in the trials of major marine casualties including: the wreck of M/V DAUNTLESS COLOCOTRONIS on the Mississippi River; the sinking of T/B OCEAN TRANSPORTER off the coast of South Carolina; and the capsize of D/S SEACREST in the Gulf of Thailand. More recently, he has handled lawsuits arising from casualties involving inland barge and towing operations, marine construction, lifeboat operations, petroleum exploration and production operations, and the transfer of cargo and personnel between vessels and offshore installations in the Gulf of Mexico.
Mr. Peacocke also has significant experience in general casualty litigation. This experience includes defending personal injury claims arising from trucking accidents, commercial bus accidents, motor vehicle accidents, and construction accidents. He has also been involved in personal injury product liability litigation brought under Mississippi law, Louisiana law, and admiralty law. His experience in property damage litigation includes insurance coverage litigation involving homeowner’s insurance policies for fire and hurricane damage, construction defect litigation, and redhibition and New Home Warranty Act claims arising under Louisiana law.
Mr. Peacocke has experience in Multidistrict Litigation, having been involved in the MDL cases for Chinese Drywall claims and for claims arising from the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association
University of Mississippi School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1986
Bachelor of Arts, 1982
Mr. Peacocke’s recent successes include:
- Duhon v. Petro “E”, LLC et al., 251 So.3d 481 (La. App. 3 Cir. 2018)-overturned summary judgment on basis of Single Business Enterprise theory.
- Johnson v. Hamp’s Construction LLC, et al. 221 So.3d 222 (La. App. 4 Cir. 2017)-holding that the anti-indemnity provisions of the Louisiana Public Works Act do not bar the indemnity claims of a non-negligent indemnitee.
- Johnson v. Hamp’s Construction, LLC et al., (unpublished opinion from Louisiana Fourth Circuit)-rendering summary judgment on appeal in favor of Orleans Parish School Board dismissing personal injury claims brought by construction worker.