Practice Group Assistant – Fort Lauderdale
November 18, 2021
Lewis Brisbois, a national law firm, is currently seeking a Practice Group Assistant to join our growing Office. This is an entry-level position for candidates who wish to pursue a Legal Assistant and/or Paralegal role with our firm.
The Practice Group Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the legal assistant and paralegal staff in our General Liability and Workers' Compensation Practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following list of essential functions is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. The items listed are considered daily functions associated with this position.
- Input time into system for attorneys
- Preparation of expense reports for attorneys
- Assist secretaries with preparation of check requests
- Assist secretaries with vendor invoice management and letters to carriers when needed
- Run Conflict Checks for new matters
- Input New Matter Memos to assist secretarial staff
- Prepare Closed File Memos including locating required information
- Assist secretaries with calendaring/docketing duties
- Assist with e-filing of documents with courts – electronic process
- Set up Master Captions for new matters
- Assist with proofreading of documents
- Operate office equipment as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision
- Reliable, consistent attendance in the office is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate skills using MS Word, and comfortable with a variety of computer software programs
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Type minimum of 50 wpm
Graduation from high school and one-year experience in a comparable position in a law firm or similar environment. A minimum of six months of experience in a law firm environment.
Send resumes to: FTLRecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search