- Email: Shawn.Toliver@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6662
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Shawn Toliver is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and co-chair of the General Liability Practice. His practice primarily focuses on business and commercial litigation, professional liability, including defense of accountants, attorneys, architects and engineers, and medical professionals, complex tort litigation, products liability, premises liability, traumatic brain injury, wrongful death, industrial workplace and construction site injuries, employment related litigation, and debtor/creditor litigation.
- Successfully tried a number of civil state court and federal court trials to both jury and judge defense verdicts. Trials include actions involving catastrophic injuries including traumatic brain injury, quadriplegic injuries, wrongful death, toxic exposure, construction and industrial injuries, products liability, flood cases, subrogation cases, and general liability including premises claims.
- Successfully argued before the California Court of Appeals
- Arbitrated in excess of 75 cases
- Frequently parachute into case as trial counsel
- Monitoring and coordinating counsel in multi-jurisdictional actions for various self-insured clients
- Handles claims involving contract disputes, real property rights, discrimination, and trademark infringement
- Substantial experience in alternative dispute resolution procedures
- Lead trial attorney involved in all phases of pre-trial and trial preparation
- Presented and coordinated numerous Continuing Education Seminars.
- Mr. Toliver has provided in-house and client seminars and presentations regarding various litigation issues including contractual indemnity provisions, proposition 51 analysis, risk transfer, accident investigation, litigation prevention and avoiding litigation pitfalls.
California State Courts
Federal Courts – Northern District and Eastern District and Hawaii District Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- San Francisco County Bar Association
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability and Construction Law committees
- Association of Defense Counsel
- Italian Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Awards & Honors
AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1990
Oral Roberts University
Bachelor of Science, 1985