- Email: David.Shannon@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.828.0374 | 212.232.1364
- Fax: 954.728.1282
David Shannon is a partner in the New York and Fort Lauderdale offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. Mr. Shannon has a record of achievement in a wide variety of corporate transactions including: mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate restructurings, banking and finance, securities regulation, and federal, state and local taxation with a focus on Business Aviation.
Mr. Shannon’s Business Aviation expertise involves structuring and negotiating purchase agreements for business aircraft for domestic and international corporations, as well as high-net-worth clients and family offices. Mr. Shannon has negotiated the purchase and sale of twin-engine business airplanes, large long-range business jets, and helicopters for Fortune 500 and non-profit clients. He has negotiated complex finance documents with leading global banks and also successfully represented clients regarding multi-million-dollar sales tax liability matters. In Washington, D.C., Mr. Shannon’s practice included his interaction with federal auditors concerning the audit of a government-owned airline by the Internal Revenue Service for the non-payment of federal excise taxes.
In addition, Mr. Shannon serves as a technical resource analyzing corporate entities related to business planning strategies, reviewing estate and gift tax issues, and providing legal and accounting advice to high-net-worth clients.
- “California, New York, and Florida: An In-depth Sales and Use Tax Update,” Co-author, World Aircraft Sales Magazine, Volume 13, Issue 10, October 2009.
- “A General Aviation Security Update,” World Aircraft Sales Magazine, Volume 13, Issue 9, September 2009.
- “Selling an Aircraft Position,” Co-author, World Aircraft Sales Magazine, Volume 13, Issue 6, June 2009.
- “Put a Little Love in Your Heart: Maximizing Your Aircraft Charitable Deductions,” World Aircraft Sales Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 1, January 2008.
- Quoted in Fortune Magazine, The Fortune 500, Vol. 157, No. 9, May 5, 2008 (Taking Philanthropy Under Their Wings.)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Young President
- Florida Citrus Sports- Scouting Committee
- Lott IMPACT Trophy Voter – Honoring College Football’s Defensive Best in Character and Performance
- Eagle Scout
- 2016 European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE) – Geneva, Switzerland
- Avinode / Aeropodium Part 135 Symposium, Miami, FL. June 20, 2012
- Discussion of IRS Office of Chief Counsel Advice issued March 9, 2012
District of Columbia
- National Business Aviation Association – Premium Member
- National Aircraft Resale Association
- Westchester Aviation Association
- South Florida Business Aviation Association
Awards & Honors
2016, 2017 & 2018 Florida Rising Star - Super Lawyers Magazine
Georgetown University Law Center
Master of Laws in Taxation, 2009
University of Miami School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2004
University of Michigan
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 2001