- Email: Michael.McLain@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5009
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Michael McLain is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. With more than 20 years of experience as a litigator, he focuses his practice on general liability matters with emphasis on insurance defense, products liability, construction defect, construction accidents, insurance coverage, bad faith, homeowners association disputes and marine.
Mr. McLain has extensive experience in representing owners and property management companies in habitability actions as well as numerous accident claims. Mr. McLain also represents members and officers of multiple homeowner’s associations in disputes with members regarding land use, proposed construction, view impairment, and alleged breach of fiduciary duty. He is well versed in disputes under the Davis-Stirling Act. Mr. McLain recently tried a case to verdict that involved a disputed homeowners’ association election.
In his personal injury defense practice, Mr. McLain has successfully handled myriad catastrophic injury cases including severe burns, amputations, paralysis, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful death, including the deaths of three special needs children in a single bus accident.
Mr. McLain has extensive experience in trial, arbitration and mediation.
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern and Central Districts of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles International & Comparative Law Journal
Awards & Honors
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- Alpha Sigma Nu - National Jesuit Honor Society
- Pi Gamma Mu - International Honor Society in Social Science
- Phi Alpha Theta - Conspicuous Achievement and Attainments in the Field of History
- Alfred J. Kilp, S.J. Service and Leadership Award
- Presidential Citation for Outstanding Academic Achievement and Service
- Daughter of Founders and Patriots Award as the Top Student in his Major
Loyola Law School
Juris Doctor, 1992
- Order of the Coif
- Top 3% of Class
- American Jurisprudence Award
Loyola Marymount University
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 1989