- Email: Alex.Graft@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6692
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Alex A. Graft is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. Mr. Graft's practice focuses primarily on the defense of attorneys and insurance agents and brokers in litigation matters. Mr. Graft also defends other professionals, including accountants, securities registered representatives, and real estate agents and inspectors, as well as government entities, elder care facilities, common interest developments, including homeowners associations, and industry-leading hospitality companies and franchises in general litigation matters. Mr. Graft has extensive experience in every facet of litigation through trial, binding arbitrations and appeal in both the State and Federal Courts.
- May 26, 2015 Professional Liability Newsletter - Spring, 2015
- "2012 Malpractice Decisions Define Scope of Defenses,” SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, February 11, 2013.
- “Notable 2013 Cases Affecting Lawyers,” two part series, SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 17, 2014, and January 24, 2014.
- “Lawyers as Litigants in 2014” and “Lawyers as Litigants: Notable Decisions Affecting Lawyers,” two part series, SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 22, 2015 and January 23, 2015.
- "Indiana Supreme Court Leaves Door Open For Expanding Insurance Broker Duties," LEWIS BRISBOIS PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY NEWSLETTER, Spring 2015.
- “Lawyers as Defendants in 2015,” two part series, SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 8, 2016 and January 15, 2016.
- “Year in Review: Attorneys as Defendants," SAN FRANCISCO DAILY JOURNAL, January 6, 2017.
Trial and appellate counsel for prevailing party in published decision of Filbin v. Fitzgerald (2012) 211 Cal. App. 4th 154 and unpublished decisions of Kennedy v. Camera (2012) 2012 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 247, McCoy v. Walczak (2011) 2011 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 7999, Nguyen v. Margolis (2014) 2014 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 2927, and Delgadillo v. Zeme (2015) 2015 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 7098.
PLUS - Professional Liability Underwriters Society
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Juris Doctor, 2005
University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2002
Lund University, Sweden
Study Abroad Program, 2000