Lars Knutson is an associate in the St. Louis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability and Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation Practices.
Lars Knutson developed a broad range of litigation experience working with a medium-size insurance defense firm here in St. Louis. He has represented various corporate and professional defendants in design liability, premises liability, construction, trucking and personal injury cases. He also spearheaded several workplace-discrimination/Missouri Human Rights Act suits on behalf of employee-plaintiffs.
Recently, Lars worked for a large Chicago-based asbestos defense firm, managing a substantial number of Missouri and Southern Illinois cases on behalf of several clients.
Primary Area(s) of Practice
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation
- General Liability
Missouri Bar Association
Washington University School of Law
California State University San Bernardino
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Minor in German, summa cum laude
Declaratory Judgments, IICLE Civil Practice: Preparing for Trial, 2021 Ed., Cameron Turner, Rebecca Levin and Lars Knutson
Steeple Ridge Condominium Assoc. v. Nancy Liese, Cause No. 18CM-AC00856
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice on behalf of third party defendant engineering firm and engineer, based on arguments of claim preclusion, improper joinder, doctrine of privity and the economic loss doctrine.
- Dismissal obtained at oral argument against a named partner of the firm representing the named defendant/third party plaintiff.
- Served 5 years in the United States Army, 2d Cavalry Regiment.
- Deployed, OEF 10-11, West Zhari District, Kandahar Province, April, 2010 through July, 2011, Platoon Leader, Weapons/Assault Platoon/Iron Co., 3rd Squadron, 2d Cavalry Regiment.
- Bronze Star, Afghan Campaign Medal, ISAF Ribbon, Overseas Ribbon, Combat Action Badge.
Foreign Language Capabilities