- Email: Scott.Lee@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.580.7910
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Scott Lee is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a co-chair of the Korean Business & Litigation Practice. Mr. Lee is also a member of the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee. His areas of practice include commercial litigation, general liability, corporate and bankruptcy. Mr. Lee was recently appointed to the Orange County Assessment Appeals Board by Supervisor Michelle Steel.
He is the founding member of the Korean Business Group which currently has a number of Korean American attorneys in multiple offices across the country. He has successfully handled numerous matters involving substantial sums and currently represents some of the largest companies from Korea with various matters in the U.S. With his assistance, the firm advises a wide range of Korean companies doing business in the U.S. and maintains a strong network with the major law firms in Korea to jointly handle cross-border issues.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Lee worked for the largest Asian American insurance brokerage in the U.S.
- Judicial Externship with the Honorable Thomas B. Donovan, Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California, 1997
- Externship with the Office of the United States Trustee, Central District of California, Los Angeles, 1998
- Externship with the Internal Revenue Service, the Office of Chief Counsel, Los Angeles, 1999
Protection for Preferential Payments Through Assumption of the Underlying Executory Contract, California Bankruptcy Court Report, Vol. 2 No. 11 (November 1998) 12.
In re Robert Sjoquist, 484 B.R. 207 (Bankr. C.D. Cal. 2012).
Orange County Assessment Appeals Board, January 2016–September 2017
- Legal Issues Facing Korean-American Insurance Brokers at KAIFPA’s Board Meeting, March 2008
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association, 4th Annual Community Law School, March 21, 2009
- “Dealing with Korean General Counsel or Korean Clients”, The U.S.- Korea Law Forum, University of California Irvine School of Law, February 3, 2010
- Managing Cyber Risks: Identify, Prevent and Manage Critical Threats, Korean Investors & Traders Association of Southern California, Inc., March 26, 2014.
- A Roundtable Discussion With U.S. Representative Ed Royce (39th District of CA) And The Korean Investors & Traders Association of Southern California, Inc. Re: U.S./Korea Trade Issues, April 14, 2014
- “Family & Inheritance”, The 2015 Korea Law Day, The U.S.- Korea Law Foundation, July 25, 2015
- Special Associate Member of Korean Investors & Traders Association of Southern California (“KITA”)
- Member of Preferred Legal Panel for Korean American Insurance and Financial Professional Association (“KAIFPA”)
- Member of Orange County Korean American Bar Association
- Orange County Assessment Appeals Board Member
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution of the Pepperdine University School of Law
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
Juris Doctor, 1999
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology, 1996