- Email: Ryan.Gill@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2021
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Ryan Gill is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Bad Faith Litigation Practice. Mr. Gill maintains an insurance coverage and bad faith practice as well as a broad civil litigation practice. Additionally, he has advised clients in a variety of subject matters, including data breach response and electronic discovery.
Mr. Gill’s insurance practice is focused on insurance coverage and defending bad faith claims. His practice includes counseling insurance carriers on both first and third-party coverage disputes as well as representing insurance carriers in bad faith litigation, declaratory judgment actions, mediations, appraisals, and related proceedings. Mr. Gill is often proactively retained to assist with resolving difficult insurance claims while avoiding or diffusing potential extra-contractual liability.
Mr. Gill’s civil litigation practice is focused on defending clients in a variety of subject matters in state and federal courts. He has experience defending clients against a broad range of tort and contractual liability claims, including premises liability, professional liability, product liability, among other legal theories. Mr. Gill handles all phases of civil litigation, from the initial pleadings through discovery and trial.
- “State Immunity and the Americans with Disabilities Act After Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama v. Garrett,” 74 Univ. of Colo. L. Rev. 1239, 2003
- “The Federalization of the Crime of Torture: An Analysis of the Constitutional and International Law Issues,” in Sienho Yee (ed.), 2 International Crimes and Punishment: Selected Issues 205, 2004
- Kauai Scuba Center, Inc. v. PADI Americas, Inc., et al., 524 Fed. Appx. 344 (9th Cir. May 3, 2013)
- Barry Shy, et al. v. The Ins. Co. of the State of Pa., 528 Fed. Appx. 752 (9th Cir. June 18, 2013)
- Genutec Business Solutions, Inc. v. Weiss, et al., G044744 (Cal. App. 4th Dist. July 9, 2013)
- Rooftop Roofing, Inc. v. American Family Mutual Ins. Co., 13CA0861 (Colo. App. June 5, 2014)
- BancInsure, Inc. v. FDIC, et al., 796 F.3d 1226 (10th Cir. 2015)
University of Colorado School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Colorado Law Review, Associate Editor
University of Colorado
Bachelor of Arts, 2000