Billing Clerk – Los Angeles
April 02, 2018
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP (“Lewis Brisbois”) is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,125 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 13th in the Law360 400 list of the nation’s largest law firms. We are currently searching for a Billing Clerk. The Billing Clerk will be required to provide ongoing support to the Billing Department by providing assistance with a variety of clerical related duties. The duties include assisting with editing and maintaining prebills, updating budgetary information, invoice submission, and other duties related to the submission of monthly billing. Must have a high quality level of customer service, effective communication, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires various interactions with Management, Attorneys, and other staff, in addition to Firm Clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- 3 to 5 or more years of hands-on clerical experience in a law firm environment. A minimum of 5 years in an office environment, preferred. Experience with Elite, LawTime, Prolaw, Aderant, or equivalent accounting software experience a plus.
- Must have strong technology skills and particularly strong skills in a service oriented office environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and the ability to prepare ad hoc reports and requests as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to research and resolve errors or discrepancies, effectively and efficiently.
- Aptitude for working with numbers.
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail, as well as strength in the area of proofreading.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Must have an exemplary customer service mindset and interaction and proactive communication skills. Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
MORE ABOUT LEWIS BRISBOIS:
We offer legal practice in more than 40 specialties and a multitude of subspecialties associated with each practice area. Our national practice is sophisticated, multi-faceted, and well versed in current legal trends, while our individual state practices provide vast resources and knowledge of procedural and legal nuances. Lewis Brisbois is known for its commitment to principled advocacy, an unflinching work ethic, and unyielding recognition of our duty to provide the highest level of service to our clients, who choose us because we take the time to understand their business interests and philosophies. The same service standards are also the objective for our functional and staff professional departments. Diversity is also an integral part of our culture and daily life, and Lewis Brisbois has repeatedly received national recognition for our commitment to embracing diversity, including recent rankings by Law360 as the 3rd best firm in the United States for diversity and 4th best for women.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
All candidates should submit their resume to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com. Please no recruiters and no phone inquiries regarding this posting. High school diploma is required; college level courses in Accounting or Accounting Degree is a plus.Back to Career Search